- Text Size +
Pt 3

“Long sleeves, Dwight?” I comment, giggling as I watch Dwight walk into the office. He rolls his eyes and heads straight to his desk.


Dwight: Charles implemented a new dress code which requires me to wear long sleeve dress shirts as opposed to my usual, shorter sleeves. These shirts are extremely uncomfortable and restrictive.


I call to Charles’ personal office phone.


“David Wallace is here to see you.” I inform, offering a smile to the nice, well-groomed man waiting at my desk.


Charles leaves his office and greets David with abnormal friendliness. Jim looks to the camera. Charles and David go to the conference room. David calls in Jim, whereas Charles calls in Dwight. I watch attentively, intrigued and concerned.


After fifteen minutes, Jim emerges, and hastily walks passed me and out to the elevators. I pretend to work, catching David’s eye from the conference room.


“What?” Dwight says, turning to see David looking at me. “She’s our new receptionist. Nice, attractive, good at her job. Why do you ask?”


I smile to myself, trying not to blush.


Alice: Okay, yes. It’s nice to hear Dwight speak highly of me and compliment me. I don’t know…


Jim comes back with three people in tow, Pam being the only one I recognize. They all go to the conference room to talk with Charles and David.


“Wow, no one told me the new receptionist was hot,” I hear from the older man of the three.

Pam and the other man glance back at me. Pam gives me a sympathetic look, while the younger man smiles, nodding at me. After about an hour there’s cheers and Michael shoos Charles out of the office.


“What’s happening?” I whisper to Dwight, who’s standing closest to my desk.


“Dunder Mifflin bought out Michael’s little start-up. He insisted on jobs for Pam and Ryan and in sales, and that Charles be fired. So, now, Michael is your new boss.”


I nod, not sure what to do with all of this information. Michael turns around, smiling widely.


“Oh, hello, I’m Michael Scott, former owner of Michael Scott Paper Company, current Regional Manager. You must be Pam’s replacement.” I nod again, glancing at Dwight and then Jim.


Ryan comes up to me and introduces himself.


“I’m Ryan Howard, the youngest CEO of our company, and now a salesman.” I shake his hand and politely smile.


“Yes, but he defrauded our company and lost his position as CEO.” Dwight mutters, making me laugh.


“Oh, you’re the one Kelly chases? The temp?”


Ryan shrinks back at my words, embarrassed.


“Uh, yeah…”


“RYAAAN!” I hear from the other side of the office, and then see Kelly running up to Ryan and tackling him in a hug, kissing all over his face.


Dwight and I share a look, and I can’t help laughing at the scene before us.

Kelly (grinning): Ryan is back! It’s the best day ever! He’s back!




You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans