- Text Size +

Pt 5

At lunch, I find Dwight at a table and decide to sit with him. He smiles, taking a bite of his sandwich.


“What’cha got there, Dwight?” I ask, mentally slapping myself.


“Sandwich,” he replies, swallowing his food. “Did you bring anything for lunch?”


I shake my head, showing my empty hands. He gives me a disapproving look.


“Here,” he tears off a chunk of his sandwich, handing it to me.


“Uh, thank you…” I say, accepting his offer.


Pam (dumbfounded): Did I miss something? Dwight just shared his lunch with the new receptionist…


Alice: It’s no big deal, I just haven’t had the money to rent an apartment; I also have  nowhere to put groceries yet, so…


“Alright, people!” Michael runs through the office, clapping his hands. “I have taken it upon myself to open up a lovely, groovy place to let go of all of your stress! A Cafe Disco, as they say.” He announces, grinning to himself.


“A what?” I ask.


“There’s expresso and disco music, New Pam. Just-”


“Uh, it’s Alice…”


“Whatever, just come down to the party!” Michael laughs, running back out towards the elevators.


I sigh, glancing around to find everyone still working. Dwight looks up, catching my eyes.


Dwight: Michael can do whatever he wants here with his time, but I’m here to sell paper. Maybe if no one else stays I’ll– what?


The camera pans over to Phyllis, Andy, Kelly, and Oscar leaving the office. Alice watches them, wanting to follow.


Jim: I think, if Dwight wants to make a move on Alice, this might be a good chance. Or, at the very least, a place to start.


Pam (to Jim): Dwight likes Alice? And you didn’t tell me! Jim! This is huge!


Jim shrugs


I glance over at Dwight, typing away on his computer. There’s only a few of us left up here, but I’d rather be checking out Cafe Disco and mingling with the rest of the office.


“Dwight!” I whisper, trying to get his attention.


“What?” He replies, not looking up from his computer screen.


“Do you wanna go check it out?”


He scoffs.


“If I wanted to waste my time with disco, I’d do it on my own time, not office hours.”


I sigh.


“Oh, come on, Dwight! Let’s go dance!” I try again, getting up and walking towards his desk. “I won’t go unless you come with me.”


“Why is that?” He replies, still not looking up at me.


“You’re my closest friend here, and… It wouldn’t be any fun down there without you.” I admit, looking at my hands.


“Really?” He whispers, looking up at me, finally.


“Well, yeah…” I admit, nodding.


He looks at the camera before standing abruptly and taking my hand, leading me to the elevators and down to the closet where Michael is holding Cafe Disco.


“Dwight!” I yell, catching my breath.


He grins at me, the colorful lights reflecting off of his glasses.


The camera catches a close up of Dwight and Alice still holding hands. Then the camera pans to Angela, standing in the corner looking at them angrily.




You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans