- Text Size +

Pt 6


Kevin: Dwight has got it bad for Alice. He might deny it, but it’s so obvious.


Alice: Yeah, Dwight and I are getting pretty close. So far, he’s my best friend in the office. Everyone acts like we’re dating… I guess this is similar to how Jim and Pam started? They were really good friends and caught feelings? I don’t know… We’re just good friends…


Dwight: Yes, Alice and I are friends.


A clip plays of Dwight looking at Alice in a sweet, longing way from his desk.


Dwight: What? I can’t have friends in the office?


“Dunder Mifflin, this is Alice,” I greet the person on the other end of the phone. “Just a moment, let me transfer you…”


Michael: Oh, yeah. It was the first thing I noticed when I came back to work here. Up until now, I was Dwight’s best friend. So, yeah, I’ve noticed his relationship with Alice. Am I surprised? (laughs) I can’t believe someone that hot puts up with Dwight willingly. (laughs) It’s insane!


“Hey, Alice, do you need a ride to the picnic on Saturday?” Kelly offers.


“Uh, yeah, that’d be great. Thanks! I’m staying at the Econo Lodge…”


“Oh, yikes!”


Alice: I was waiting for about a month until I found somewhere to live, just in case this job didn’t work out and I’d have to go somewhere else. Now, it’s been about six weeks and I still haven’t found a place that’s close enough to the office and in a nice location in town. Michael suggested getting a condo in his neighborhood… That’s the last thing I’d want to do, so I’m still looking.


I notice Dwight look up periodically during my conversation with Kelly.


Jim: Yeah, I might have suggested to Dwight that he makes a move. Sure, he didn’t wait four years like I did, but Alice also isn’t engaged to someone else. And, this weekend is the company picnic which might be the perfect time…  


“It’s gonna be super hot today, I hope I don’t sweat in front of Ryan.” Kelly whines, holding her hand above her eyes to block sun.


“Yeah… I wish I brought a hat with me…” I agree, squinting to take a look around.


We walk over to where the rest of our branch is waiting, ready to start volleyball.


“Alright, I’ve written this up strategically so that we should win today. Oh, hello ladies. Middle row, with Andy and Ryan.”


“Yay, Ryan! Isn’t that great we’re right next to each other!”


“Yeah, whatever…”


“Wow,” I mumble, watching Ryan ignore Kelly.


“How are you, Alice?” Dwight asks, standing against the sun, blocking it from my face.


“I’m good, Dwight, thank you. Nice hat,” I say, smiling.


The camera zooms in on Dwight’s face as Alice walks away, over to her spot on the field. He smiles briefly, turning his attention to the start of the game.


“I can sub in,” Angela offers, waiting for Rolph to decide who joins the game.


“I can’t hear cheaters or whores who break my friend’s heart.” Rolph replies, ignoring Angela and calling in Meredith instead.


I can’t hold back laughter at Rolph’s comment.


“Damn, he tells it like it is,” I comment, getting Dwight’s attention.


He and Rolph share a look, glancing at me. Angela huffs, taking a seat next to Stanley. Dwight smiles at me before focusing on the next serve.


“I’ve got it!” Pam calls, spiking the ball all the way to the back, across the net, out of reach of the Albany team.


“All right, Pam!” I cheer, high-fiving her.


Jim looks at the camera, and then glances at Dwight, who’s watching Alice laugh and encourage Pam.


The rest of the game, Pam and I act as a team, setting and spiking the ball, advancing the Scranton branch to the next round, against corporate.


“Nice playing, Alice.” Dwight compliments.


“Thank you, Dwight.” I nod, smiling at him.


The camera pans, catching Dwight watching Alice walk away.


“You like her?” Rolph asks Dwight, snapping him out of his thoughts. Dwight stiffens.


“Perhaps. She’s young, attractive, intelligent, and kind. What’s not to like?”


Kevin: I knew it


After the disaster that was Michael’s sketch with Holly, the team reconvenes to play against corporate.


“Let’s go! The branches of Dunder Mifflin need this more now than ever.” Dwight announces, trying to hype up our team. “We’ve got to win!”


“Gosh, it’s really hot today…” I pant, fanning myself before deciding to take off my Scranton t-shirt, revealing my tank top.


The camera pans to catch everyone’s reactions. Angela rolls her eyes, Jim looks at the camera and then to Pam. Kelly smacks Ryan for looking.


“Wow…” Kevin says, shamelessly staring.


“Nice,” Meredith says, following suit and discarding her t-shirt.


The camera focuses on Dwight’s expression, mouth hung open as he watches Alice strip of her t-shirt and get back into position to play. He clears his throat and hands off the ball the Pam.


After a few points, Pam slips in the mud and twists her ankle. Jim lifts her up and runs her to the car.


“We’ve got to stall…” I whisper to Dwight. He nods.


“I’m so mad!” He yells, kicking the volleyball into the woods. “I’ll get it,” he shrugs, slowly following after the ball into the woods.


Once he disappears, I volunteer to help him find the ball.


“Dwight?” I call, hearing the crunch of branches up ahead.


“Alice? What’re you doing here? Be careful, there are roots sticking up and large branches–”


“Thanks, Dwight, I’ll be fi–” I trip, nearly falling into a pile of leaves and dirt. “It’s okay, I’m okay!” I call, but hear Dwight running through the woods to find me.


As I start to brush myself off, he lifts me and stands me back on my feet.


“I told you to be careful.” He scolds, looking me over to check for injuries.


I brush off some dirt and leaves, smiling up at Dwight.


“What’re you doing here?” He repeats, waiting for an answer.


I shrug. The camera zooms in on my face.


“I… Thought I could help you look.” Dwight scoffs.


“I think I can find it on my own, thank you.” He turns to leave, but stops.


Dwight takes my hand and leads me through the woods, looking for the ball. I can’t help smiling and blushing as we walk through the leaves, dirt, and grass.


“I’ve found it!” Dwight assures, nearing the spot where the ball landed.


“Wait,” I say, pulling him back.


“What?”


“We should give Jim and Pam a little more time.” I say, flustered.


“What?”


“Kiss me.” I say, staring him in the face.


“What?” He whispers.


I drop his hand and grab his shoulders, reaching up and kissing him. His hands sit on my waist, pulling me close.


After we find the ball and head back to the picnic, Jim calls Dwight’s phone, telling him to send in the subs.





“You’re getting a ride home with Dwight?” Kelly says, scrunching up her face.


I nod, smiling.


“Okaaay,” she replies, pulling Ryan off to her car.


Dwight walks me over to his car and opens the door for me.



Dwight: Yes, I’ve successfully courted Alice. Not that it’s any of your business. It was my plan all along.


He looks at the camera very smug.


Dwight: Schrute’s always go after the beautiful, intelligent women with wide enough hips to bare their children. It was only a matter of time.


Kevin: They’re gonna bang (laughs)






You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans