- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer!!! All publicly recognizable characters, settings, stories, etc belong to NBC and all other respected owners. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. 

Author's Chapter Notes:
Takes place during S2 E1 "The Dundies"

"No you don't"

I giggle. Jim is the best. He always knows how to make me laugh, he's always there for me. It was so fun spending time with him tonight. 

"Oh, here she is." Jim says as he stands up,"Careful, careful, woah. All right. Easy." he jokes, checking to make sure I don't trip. 

I laugh and look at him. An adorable smile is plastered between his cheeks. A sense of warmth washes over me and before I can think, my mouth starts moving.  

"Hey, um, can I ask you a question?" 

Jim's eyes brighten as he replies, stepping closer "Shoot"

I pause, looking around, suddenly aware of where we are. Standing in front of Angela's car in the parking lot of a Chili's. 

I choke back my words, staring at my hands, eyeing the band of metal that ties me to the man who put his hands on me earlier tonight. Forced me to leave without even asking what I wanted. Hell, he would rather spend time getting drunk at a bar with his bachelor friends then spend time with me. 

I look back up at Jim, his eyes shifting from hopeful to concerned.

"Pam, you can ask me anything." He assures me, taking his big hands out of his pockets and rubbing them on the sides of his pants. 

"I-"

Suddenly, Angela honks her horn.

"I don't have all night! Sprinkles need to be put to bed!" She hisses, shooting us an iconic Angela-glare. 

Jim and I turn to each other. As I'm preparing to walk to the passenger door, Jim stops me.

"Mind if I drive you home?" he asks softly.

I nod, staring back down at my white keds that won me my Dundie tonight. 

"Hey Angela, I got this." Jim calls. As Angela drives away, he gestures towards the sidewalk.  "C'mon, let's get out of the street."

When we get back on the sidewalk and walk towards his silver Saab, I glance up him again. His disheveled hair is swept adorably across his forehead and peeks out from behind his cute big ears. 

"Jim?"

"Yes?"

"Did you have fun tonight?"

He pauses for a second. "I did. Not sure if I had as much fun as you though."

I blushed. Maybe I got a bit too rowdy in there. 

"But it was great spending time with you, Pam." Jim stops, looking down at me. "Really, really fun."

I smiled, "I had a lot of fun with you too." 

We continue on towards the car in silence. Jim opens the passenger side door for me. He's so considerate. I watch him sit on his side and start the car.

"Hey, is it too cold for you?"

So thoughtful.

"No it's good. I'm wearing a jacket."

"Alright. I have some sodas in the back if you want any."

So generous.

"Thanks, but I think I've had enough to drink tonight."

"I promise the cokes are virgin, but okay"

I laugh. So funny.

Jim pulls the car out of the lot and drives towards my place. Well, my and Roy's place. We sit in silence for awhile. As Jim keeps his eyes on the road, I stare down at my engagement

ring again. I haven't felt this happy in a very long time, and Roy was nowhere to be found. This time last night we were arguing because I refused to clean up the ice cream that he spilled when he dozed off on the couch.

When I look back up, I realize that we're almost there. A feeling of foreboding suddenly engulfs me. 

"Jim?"

Jim jumps a tiny bit at the sudden noise. "Yeah, Pam?"

"Can I ask you another question?" 

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry if it's a little dry!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans