- Text Size +

“When are we going to get to see some of those famous Beesly dance moves?”

“I’m pacing myself.”

“C’mon get out there! Give the people what they want!”

“Oh, I’m such a dorky dancer.”

 

Yes, she was. 

 

It was back around 2 or 3 years by now, at the annual office Christmas party. Michael had yet again offered to buy everyone alcohol, which Angela had scolded him for, leaving her in the corner with an ever so concerned Dwight attempting to cheer her up as if none of us would notice them and their interesting relationship, to say the least.

 

The drinks had been pouring since 6:00 and the night had now reached 9:45 with no end in sight. I stood in the conference room, lingering near the snack table, talking with Kevin and Oscar about the latest game on TV, baseball I think, or maybe football. As Oscar and I teased Kevin about his lack of sporting knowledge, shouts could be heard from the break room. Cheering and hoots, the sound of a real party. Slowly, those of us who were in the conference room meandered out, drawn in by the commotion. Through the windows I could see Kelly facing me, with a look that was a mix of anger and admiration plastered on her face. I could also see the back of Pam’s head, which was moving around wildly, as were her arms and legs.

 

I walked ahead of the others and opened the break room door, standing in the door way to get a better view, and that was when I saw it. Pam was breaking down! Her head was bopping, hands were flying, legs were doing some kind of a jig underneath her. Meredith and Phyllis sat in the break room clapping and cheering, the commotion we had heard before.

 

“Go Beesly!” I shouted, cupping my hands around my mouth in order to direct the sound to this obviously tipsy Pam. 

 

“See that Kelly! I told you I could beat you in a dance off. Any day!” Pam exclaimed, giggling as she slowed her dancing down and took a curtsey which was met by a chorus of praise from Phyllis and a slow, yet well-deserved applause from Kelly. As the noise subsided, she turned around to see me watching her. 

 

“Oh Jim! Ha-ha, I didn’t see you there!”

“Yes, but I saw you. Beesly, I didn’t know you could move like that!”

“Yes well, when you’re challenged to a dance break in the office, what else are you supposed to do?” she said as if it was common knowledge.

 

She tried to walk towards the door but stumbled into a chair, tripping over and headed for the floor. I quickly caught her waist in my arm and held her hand, steadying her. My eyes locked with hers and my hands burned where they were touching her skin. Her hair, which was coming out of its usual beret due to her vigorous performance, tickled my forearm as it flowed down her back.

 

“Thanks… ugh, I’m so embarrassed,” Pam said sheepishly, putting her other hand up to her face in an attempt to hide her reddening cheeks and clumsily got to her feet. As she removed herself from my grasp, I looked at my fingers which were tingling from where we had just been touching, my heart beat more solidly in my chest. I looked back up at her and tried to read her face. There was a mix between drunken Pam and something more sincere and intimate, just under the surface, something I couldn’t quite make out. We were looking at each other, taking each other in, her inhibitions down, my arms still buzzing.

 

I heard Phyllis cough and quickly put my arms down by my side and shifted my gaze. I was unsure of whether we had been standing there for minutes, or simply seconds.

 

“No worries Pam,” I say, casually, the intimacy I felt between us diminishing with every second. The world began to move faster, my breath returned to normal and the sound of the office flooded my head once again.

 

“I’m just glad I got to see those famous Beesly dance moves… they’re very cute.”

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you guys enjoyed! Just a short little challenge to start off my journey here.


lunarriot is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Dance Battle also liked 0 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans