- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A happier chapter than yesterday :)

I’m feeling a bit better about this whole first first date gone wrong thing… I woke up yesterday morning with a raging headache (probably from crying myself to sleep). When I got home Friday night, I went up to my room without talking to anyone so the rents definitely knew something was up. They were both upset with James thinking he tried something with me and that I was mad about it. Once I sat down and talked with them yesterday they ended up being MORE impressed with him and no longer upset, but feeling really sorry for me with the stupid girl drama.


Mom went into details about how she experienced similar things...etc etc. Dad confirmed the stories. Penny just rolled her eyes and tried to change the subject to make it all about her per the usual.


Mom must have felt really bad because she took me out shopping to get new clothes at The Gap and get our nails done so I could “be a more confident Junior” come Monday.


Ugh that reminds me,I need to finish up my “reading”.


HOWEVER, on a much happier note, James called me last night to see how I was doing and wants to take me out for ice cream again later this afternoon! I seriously can’t believe it. I feel much freer and I’m a bit shocked that he still wants to see me. When he called me, he sounded so happy and bubbly. He really is an optimist. Definitely something I can use right now, that’s for sure. 


He told me how much he enjoyed our date and getting to know me better as an individual. He sounded so formal which was funny! Maybe it was the nerves? He mentioned that he wasn’t sure if I would actually want to go on another date since “ours was so bad”. I reassured him that it wasn’t bad because of him and that I enjoyed all our time together. He had kind of laughed awkwardly and seemed a bit shy so there was a lot to unpack there.


I’m really happy that he seems interested in me still. I was really worried about it, but thankfully all seems a bit better. He’s here now, so I’m going to go and I’ll debrief when I get back!


____________________________________________________________________________


YAY! So much better than the first date!!!!!!!! He picked me up in his dad’s car which was super fun to ride in! It was pretty new. I’m surprised his parents trust him with it...we know mine wouldn’t! 


But anyway, we went and grabbed some ice cream and then went to the park. We sat under this big tree and honestly, it was so perfect. For August, the weather is really nice today so there was that, the birds were chirping, there was a slight breeze. The conversation was flowing so well. He asked me about my art again and I told him I had given up on that path a bit. He was so confused! I explained further and now he’s trying to convince me to change my schedule. I think it might be a bit late for that, but I don’t know...maybe? I’ll have to see how I feel after this semester and maybe I’ll try art classes again next semester.


I learned so much more about him though! 

  • He has siblings

  • Loves running (who loves that??)

  • Enjoys long walks along the lake (haha so cheesy)

  • Really didn’t enjoy his internship (he could have fooled me, he definitely is professional - I would have never guessed!)

  • His favorite food is soft shell crab

  • If he could travel anywhere, it would be Sydney, Australia

  • He wants a big family when he’s older (also, what 16 year old boy actually thinks these things?)

  • Wants to be a sports writer

  • Wants to go to UPenn for college

Some other things I learned that he didn’t tell me

  • He is a cautious driver

  • Opens car door for me

  • Smiles when he’s nervous

  • Looks down when he’s nervous

  • Gets a very serious look on his face when he’s about to do something crazy

  • IS A REALLY GOOD KISSER


AHHHHHHHHH!


Okay so WOW WOW WOW I am so on CLOUD 9 RIGHT NOW. I can die happy now because JAMES KISSED ME AND IT WAS AMAZING.


I could cry and this would only be happy, amazing, perfect tears. I cannot even believe it. 


AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF, HE ASKED ME TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND. G.I.R.L.F.R.I.E.N.D. 


I must be in Heaven.


The perfect boyfriend? The perfect way to end my summer? 


When he asked, he had just kissed me and was only a few inches away from me. He said, “Pam, I’ve liked you all summer. You are unlike any other person I’ve met. Would you be my girlfriend”? Or at least it was something close to that, I kind of blacked out in the moment because I couldn’t believe this was happening!


Obviously I couldn’t contain my excitement and kissed him again! Of course I said yes!


Marsha and Cindy and their stupid group don’t have anything on us. Tomorrow is gonna rock!

Chapter End Notes:
AW <3

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans