- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The end of an era... 

Three years and four months later I'm officially closing this story.

This was my favorite story to write on MTT and one that I came back to when I felt I was in a writing rut. When in doubt, I could churn a chapter out :).

Thank you to those who have continued to read this story. I recall (prior to signing up for an account on here) reading through stories that were years long and wondering how people did it. Turns out, it doesn't feel like effort if you love your story. For me, I channeled my own feelings I had as a teenager into Pam's story. At some point over the last few entries (which is probably a year and a half ago) I realized I didn't know what else to say. There's only so much I felt she had left. Then today I saw I hadn't updated in a over a year. It didn't feel right to leave it so today it's marked as completed.

All that to say, I'm sorry if this was your favorite story, but thank you for reading! 

Dear Diary,


How cheesy is that? I guess it’s time to fill you in on what happened over the last 24 years…


Let’s start from the beginning.


  1. Mom and Dad were super mad when they found out I was pregnant (unsurprisingly) but extremely supportive once the reality of them being grandparents set in. It helped that Jim and I had a solid plan going into it. We handled it like the adults we could be at the time and grew from the experience. I couldn’t have raised a more beautiful and kind daughter. She is exactly like her father, all fun and games until it’s time to be serious. She has my creative side and combining both has made it her mission to help others through art. 

  2. Jim and I were married in November of 1999. We’ve been together for 23 ½ years and every year seems to improve. We have our rocky times, but we always work through them. We’ve traveled together and made memories with our family throughout every trial we endured or fun event that went by too fast.

  3. I did finish my degree. The money was not a waste and I learned so much about myself during that time. I went to school full-time and raised a child. It was the best and scariest time of my life, but I couldn’t have done it without my family. I ended up working sourcing art for local museums which blossomed into sourcing art for boutique galleries. It brings me joy when I find a new piece and it’s a never-ending treasure hunt.

  4. Jim got a job offer right out of school and we moved to Austin, Texas as he started working at a small newspaper here. It wasn’t his dream job, but he turned it into one and turned the small group into one that has national attention. The place has Jim’s heart next to us. Austin fits our family so well. The vibrant and eclectic city never ceases to amaze us. From where we grew up to where we ended up…what a difference time makes.


 

When I reflect on my time growing up, I tend to focus on the negatives or the things that stressed me out the most. Keeping this diary and reading through it reminds me of a time before cell phones and daily updates. It helps me remember who I was before becoming who I am today. Frankly, I wish I’d had this diary as a guide when my eldest was a teenager. It probably would have eliminated many disagreements. I recall being so scared of the future at times and though I still can be, I try to look at the future as an unknown adventure. I don’t know what will happen when we get there, but the journey is the best part. My kids would tell me I was being too cheesy right now. Good thing they don’t know where I hid this! Ha!


I suppose it’s time to close this book once and for all. I do wish I’d kept up with it at the time, but that’s what my memory is for. Or at least until it starts to fade too. 


Until we meet again,

 

Pam

Chapter End Notes:
~end scene~


beth9501 is the author of 11 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked PMB's Diary: DO NOT OPEN (PENNY) also liked 192 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans