- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Pam is a bit dramatic, but weren't many of us at 16?

Okay, so I’m actually the worst at updates. I really meant to be pretty regular with them, but you know I had all the summer reading, the summer packets, and the job! The summer just flew by and now I have to do a quick recap so here it goes…


Nothing ended up happening with James, romantically at least. We did become really great friends though over the summer. There was a small group of high school interns and we all got pretty close! I’ve never had a friend group like this before so that’s really exciting!  James and I really bonded over coming up with new pranks to play and talking about our favorite movies. Mine is Sleepless in Seattle and his was Uncle Buck. He came over on the 4th of July and we watched both our favorites together then went out with the group of friends to go see fireworks. It was a really fun time and made me realize how lucky I was to have gotten this job. I’ll have to thank mom and dad for making me get one!


While the friend aspect of the job went well, the rest really didn’t. My boss didn’t end up liking my mural idea. She said it was “uninspired”. My friends disagreed. It made me really sad and made me wonder if I was making the right decision pursuing art. I got really down on myself and decided to try something new  in my junior year classes...instead of art I’m now taking a creative writing class. Maybe being a writer is the better move? Maybe I’ll be an English teacher? Maybe I’ll just fail….I don’t know anymore. I’m really sad, but I put the art supplies away on the top shelf in my closet. The night that I came home from my boss telling me she hated my work I cried myself to sleep. Here I’ve been working my entire life towards this goal that no one else likes. 


Okay, maybe I’m being dramatic. She liked my contest idea from earlier in the summer...or wait maybe she was just being nice to me since she knew I couldn’t win? That’s probably more likely. Why would anyone think I can do anything well anyway… I’m just Pam Beesly. Plain Pam. PP. Remember when Marsha would call me that in the 4th grade...PP… Marsha was mean...but ooh speaking of her, she got expelled last year for smoking in the parking lot. So who’s the real winner now MARSHA??? Probably not me, but at least it isn’t you!


Anyway, I don’t want to think about my shortcomings anymore. I’m sure the few friends I had in art class will remind me of it and my poor writing skills will be a reminder to my grades.


On another note, I definitely procrastinated with my summer reading and math packets. School starts again next Monday so I have a week to get my life together. My job ended on Friday so that’s out of the picture. I have my new group of friends phone numbers and we agreed to try hang out every few weeks. So at least I’ll still see them. James has pre-season basketball practice a lot this Fall, is running for president of National Honor Society, and apparently is a freshman mentor? Valley View doesn’t have freshman mentors so I don’t know what goes into all that. All I’m trying to say is that I finally made a really good friend and he’ll never be free. So that’s sad, but maybe he’ll get a bit of free time now and then. Oh wow, I started this paragraph talking about my summer reading and math packets...back to that….I procrastinated this summer and only got a chapter into Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde...meaning I have to read all 5 of my books this week and do 10 pages of advanced algebra summer homework. I really messed myself up here.


So yay for me! My life sucks. No art class because I suck at art, 5 books I don’t care about, and math problems that are about to consume my life. Woohoo.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans