- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jim's POV

Jim lays awake for awhile longer and fells more at peace than he has in a long time as he holds Pam while she falls asleep.

  His emotions are at war with one another. On one hand he has never been happier that he and Pam are finally together. On the other hand, he's very sad for Pam and what she's going through having lost her father. He does not know what he would do without his dad. 

He is determined to be there for her and whatever she needs from him.

He runs his hand through her hair and thinks about what a future with her could look like.

She loves him! He always thought so, but to actually hear her say it out loud means everything.  

Pam snores a little and Jim smiles to himself, then closes his eyes and fells himself giving into dreams.

The next morning when Jim wakes up it takes him a second to remember where he is. 

Pam is still asleep in his arms. He runs his hands trough her hair and over her back as he yawns and wakes up.

Pam stirs and mumbles something as she slowly wakes up.  

Jim feels a little apprehensive as to how she's going to react when she realizes that he is still there, in her bed.

Pam moves her head and puts her chin on to of her hands and looks up at him. "Good morning Halpert.' 

He smiles down at her and kisses her forehead. 'Morning Beesly. How did you sleep?' 

'Really good actually. I think you are like a sleeping pill for me. How did you sleep?' 

'Good. Except for the snoring.'

'What? I don't snore!' She slaps him on the shoulder and he smiles at her.  

Pam then completely rolls off of him and turns to her side, facing him. 'Hey Jim, I want you to know what last night meant to me.'

Jim turns to her noticing the sudden serious tone she is taking. 'Ok.'

Pam puts her hand on his cheek. 'I feels so conflicted. I should be so sad and grieving my dad and I am, but I am also so happy that you and I are finally together. I love you more than I can ever tell you and I'm sorry about all the stuff that happened before.' 

'I'm sorry too honey. I wish we could re-do the last seven months. But, you are changing and have grown so much. I'm so proud of who you have become.' 

Pam blushes a bit at this. 'Thanks. But, last night was more than just a comfort thing for me. I want to be with you Jim. Permanently.'

Jim smiles bigger than he has in months. 'Oh Beesly, that is all I've ever wanted.'

He reaches out and hugs her and she buries her face in his embrace. 'I really love you Jim.' He hears muffled against his shoulder.' 

'Me too, me too.'

Finally, after a few minutes they break their embrace. Jim asks, 'So, what's on the agenda today?'

'Shower, breakfast and going over to my parents to see what my mom needs.'

'Ok. Count me in.'

Pam looks at him. 'What did I do to deserve you?'

'Just being your amazing self.'

They get up and have breakfast, and get ready to go to Pam's parents house.  

This early in the morning, the only other car there is Penny's.

They go in and find Penny and Helene going through old photos.  

Helene looks up when Jim and Pam come in. 'Hello dears. We are going through photos of your father that I'm going to send on to the funeral home. Sit down and help. I'll go put some coffee on.' She gets up and goes to the kitchen as Jim and Pam sit next to Penny to go through pictures.  

Penny says, 'This pile are the ones we like so far. We can all decide together which ones to send on.'

Pam takes a stack of pictures to look at. 'Ok.'

Jim enjoys hearing stories from Pam and Penny about growing  up with William Beesly as a father. He sees that Pam got her quiet, shy nature from her father.  

  When Helene comes back out to the living room, she says, 'We also need to pick out some music to play during the service. Let me know if there's some songs you girls think would be appropriate.'

Pam looks down at the floor and says 'I remember him singing "You Are the Sunshine of my Life' by Stevie Wonder to me when I was little.' 

'That's a great song'

Penny adds, 'How about Butterfly Kisses? It's sappy, but it works.'

'Yes, I'll tell the funeral home about these choices.'

She leaves and someone rings the doorbell. Penn gets up to answer it.  

A minute later they hear her voice. 'Pam, some people are here to see you.'

Pam gets up and Jim decides to follow her. They go to the front door to find Michael, Dwight, Oscar, Kelly, Phyllis and Toby standing there.  

Michael speaks first. 'Pamela, we wanted to share our conditions with you.'

Oscar corrects him. 'Condolences Michael.'

'Whatevs. Jimbo, didn't know you would be here.'

'Yeah, I'm helping Pam with whatever she needs.'

'I'm sure you are.' 

Pam invites everyone into the house and they sit and talk. As the time goes on more people arrive. Neighbors, friends and relatives come to pay their respects.  

Jim stays by Pam's side the whole time and holds her hand. He can tell that she seems overwhelmed by it all.  

After a couple hours of talking to people about her father, Pam gets up and excuses herself. Jim follows her. 

  'Hey, are you all right?' 

  Pam nods a little, but is looking at the floor. 'Yeah, I just need a break. I'm going to use the bathroom.'

'Ok.' He kisses the top of her head and watches her silently climb the stairs. He goes back to the living room and sits on the couch next to Penny.

After about fifteen minutes he stars to worry when Pam does not come back. He looks anxiously to the doorway every few seconds.  

Penny leans a little closer to him and whispers, 'She is probably in her old bedroom. Second door on the left upstairs.'

Jim looks over at her and she smiles at him. 'Thanks Penny.' 

He gets up and goes up the stairs to the door she pointed out.  

He stops at the closed door and decides whether or not he should knock. After a moment he hears a very quiet sniffling coming from inside the room and opens the door.

Pam is lying on top of her old bed curled up in a ball on her side. Jim hears her quietly crying, so he closes her door and walks  to the other side of the bed.  

He looks down at her and she looks up at him. Her eyes are red and tears are flowing freely.

'Hey Beesly.'

'Hi.'

She scoots over a little on the bed and pats the other side, inviting him to lay down next to her.

He lays down opposite her, on his side also and puts his arm around her middle and rubs her back. She buries her face in his chest.  

  'Awww, Bees. I wish there was some magic words I could say to you to help you feel better.'

'I know. I just had to get out of there.'

'I get it. It's a bit overwhelming isn't it?'

Pam just nods and puts her arm around his shoulders and they lay there holding each other.  

After awhile Jim realizes that he hasn't heard any sniffling for a bit. he looks down at her and sees her eyes are closed and she's fallen asleep. He kisses her hair and feels sleep start to take him over also.  

A few minutes later Helene comes upstairs when she wonders what happened to Jim and Pam. She quietly opens Pam's bedroom door and sees the couple holding each other and sleeping soundly.

She backs out and closes the door again and smiles to herself, happy knowing that her daughter has found the right man for her. 

 

 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans