- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Pam's POV

Pam wakes up sometime later, confused for a moment as to where she is. She sees Jim still sleeping next to her and after a moment, she remembers that she's at her parents house, in her old childhood bedroom.

She watches Jim sleeping for awhile and smiles. She feels so fortunate to have him in her life. To think she almost completely lost him. She loves him so much and she was in a deep depression while he was in Stamford and even for a short while after he came back. She was so jealous of Karen. She knows that. Well, Jim was with her now and she decides to make sure he knows how much she loves him. 

As she's having these thoughts, she could feel the tears welling up in her eyes.

She silently cries, trying not to make any noise and wake him up.

Unfortunately though, she has to sniffle and that wakes Jim up. When he opens his eyes and sees that Pam is crying again, he reaches over and lightly kisses her tears.

'Oh Beesly. I'm so sorry honey.'

Pam cries more. 'It's not that. I mean, yeah, it is that...it's not just that though, it's also that....God, what am I trying to say? I love you and I don't know what I would have done without you...and I just love you....I don't think you know how much and I don't know what I can do to show you how much. Am I making any sense?' 

Jim reaches over and hugs her. She squeezes him back so hard. She doesn't ever want to let go of him.

'Oh Pam, you are my world. Do you understand that? If you're hurting, I'm hurting. If you're happy, I'm happy. I promise you, I'll never let you go again.'

Pam lets him go and looks up at him. Then she holds her pinky out at him. He smiles and wraps his pinky around hers. 'Pinky swear.' He then kisses the back of her hand.

She smiles a little then sits up. He sits up behind her and wraps his arms around her. 'You ready to go home?'

'Yeah, I think so. I need to talk to mom and say goodbye to whoever's still here.' 

'Ok.'

She turns a little in his embrace. 'Tomorrow's Christmas eve. What are you doing?'

'Well, nothing now. I was going to spend sometime with Karen.'

Pam looks down. 'Oh...yeah. Well, I'm sure mom expects me and Penny to be here on Christmas day, but maybe not tomorrow. Can you and I have our own Christmas tomorrow?' 

Jim smiles. 'You bet. I am supposed to go to my parents on Christmas day. It is a huge Halpert thing, but tomorrow, I'm all yours.' 

"Great.'

'What do you want to do?'

'Ummm, bake some goodies, listen to Christmas music, watch Christmas movies, cuddle with you.'

'That sounds well, ummm...perfect.' He leans over and softly kisses her. 'I love you Beesly.'

Pam pushes an errant lock of his hair off of his forehead. 'I love you too Halpert.'

'All right then, it's a date.'

Pam smiles. 'How about tonight?'

'Do you want me to come over again? You are not bored of me yet?' 

'How could I be bored of you? Besides, we have got time to make up for.'

Jim gets off of the bed and walks around to her. 'You're so right. I should go home and get some stuff, then I'm all yours.' He pulls her up and she wraps her arms around his back so she can stand in his embrace.

She then looks up at him and he kisses her. When she pulls back she murmurs, 'I love kissing you.'

'Good thing I'm never going to stop then.'

They leave her room and go downstairs together. The house is much quieter than it was before.

They find Helene in the kitchen talking to her sister Anne and Pam's cousins. She sees Jim and Pam. 

'Hi kids. So, everything is all set for the service. It is going to be December 27th at 11:00 am at Nabor funeral home. Then we will have a wake here afterward.'

'Ok mom.'

'We are having it catered so we don't have to worry about that.'

Jim says, 'That's a good idea.'

'Yes.' She rubs her hands together like she's trying to warm them up. 'I keep thinking that your dad was so good at this. He was the one who planned things.' 

Pam holds her mom's hands. 'I know mom.'

Helene looks at Pam. 'Are you still planning on coming over here on Christmas day Pam?'

'Yes. Definitely. Do you need me to come over tomorrow?'

'No honey. You do whatever you want tomorrow. I'll be fine.'

'Ok.' She turns to Jim. 'We are having our own Christmas then.'

Helene smiles a little. 'Oh, That's great. I'm glad you two are finally together. Will would have really liked you Jim.'

Jim blushes. 'Thanks Mrs. Beesly.'

"Please, it's Helene.' She walks over and gives Jim a hug. 'Thank you for being there for my girl.'

'Of course.' Helene then turns and hugs Pam. 

Pam says, 'I love you mom.'

'I love you too dear. ' She stand back and Pam can tell she's fighting back some tears. 'This will be a weird Christmas, but we will get through it together.'

'Yes we will mom.'

Pam hugs everyone else and says her goodbyes, then she and Jim leave. Jim drives to his apartment and Pam comes in with Him. She's really excited to see where he lives now. He doesn't have a roommate this time, so she wanders around while he packs a bag.  

On the shelves are a few pictures of Him with his family and friends. Behind one of him and Mark, she sees a very familiar face. She reaches out and pulls the picture frame forward and sees that it is a picture of her and Jim that Michael took at the Christmas party the year before at the office.

She smiles to herself that even thought they had a strained relationship for the last seven months, he still has a picture of her sitting out.  

After a minute of looking at the picture she feels a hand on her shoulder. Jim reaches for the photo. 'Let's put this where it belongs.' He moves around the other photo frames a little so there is a space in the middle at the front for this picture.  

He then says, 'There, that's better.'

Pam looks at him and he's smiling at her. He kisses her nose. 'I'm all ready Beesly.' He lifts an overnight bag onto his shoulder and puts his other arm around her shoulders.  

Pam feels so warm as they walk out together. 

When they get back to her place they order Chinese takeout and watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation together.

Then they watch Gremlins and debate whether it is a Christmas movie, or a horror movie. They decide it's both. Pam feels herself getting more and more sleepy as Gizmo rides a remote toy car around a department store. The last thing she remembers is putting her head on Jim's shoulder. She doesn't notice when he smiles down at her sleeping. She doesn't notice when he turns off the TV and carries her to her bedroom and takes off her socks and tucks her into bed. She doesn't notice when he crawls into bed next to her after he's changed and snuggles next to her. 

 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans