- Text Size +
Story Notes:

So this is a little thing that I just couldn't get out of my head for some reason. Essentially it's a look at Jim and Pam's Valentine's Days throughout the whole nine seasons but told through the evolution of communication. So yeah, hopefully it makes sense.

Big thanks to RD and R15 for putting up with my moaning and helping me out here. 

I don't own anything here, and I really don't know much about history either, but Google is my best friend. So apologies for any historical inaccuracies. Blame Google. 

Author's Chapter Notes:
Kicking it off in (pre) Season 1

Pamela Beesly
1359 Mulberry Street
Scranton, PA

February 12th, 1904

My fondest James,

I hope my letter finds you well and that you are enjoying the unseasonably warm weather that has graced Scranton of late. I must say, I am enjoying the lighter days very much so as they aid with my painting. If it’s not too much to ask of you, I would be so bold as to ask for you to view my latest watercolor. Your thoughts on my work always mean so much to me. 

I’m filled with a sense of mischief as I write to you today. I know I should be fawning over Leroy what with the upcoming festivities, but I would much rather hear of any tricks or capers that you are planning. Hearing of your skulduggery always puts a smile on my face on even the gloomiest of days. So what do you have in mind next for poor old farmer Schrute? Stealing his prize horse? Replacing his beets with carrots? I beg of you to share with me, I long for something to make me smile, and I know I can trust that you will be the one to do that.

Alas I do not have any plans for Saint Valentine’s Day of a romantic nature, Leroy and his brother Kenneth have to see a man about a horse, or some other such nonsense. Do you have intentions to court any fair ladies? I know that any maiden you chose to bestow your affections upon would have to be very special indeed. 

Until we reunite, I suppose at Mr Scott’s next symposium, know that I will be thinking of you often and cherish our friendship fondly.

Yours faithfully,
Pamela



James Halpert
383 Linden Avenue
Scranton, PA

February 14th, 1904

My fair Pamela,

I thank you profusely for your kind wishes and of course, it would please me nothing more than to see your latest work of art. I have no doubt in my mind that it will be a masterpiece. I shall count the days until I am able to gaze upon it with my own eyes.

As I sit here, thinking of your beauty and grace, it pains me that today of all days, we cannot be together. What I would not give to see your fair face, to hold your delicate hand, dare I say, kiss your soft lips. I offer my sincere apologies if my forwardness offends you, but I think of nothing but you for as the day is long.

If we were able to spend but one Saint Valentine’s Day together, I would shower you with gifts and tokens of my affections. But it still wouldn’t be enough. No bouquet of roses is as beautiful as you. No French perfume as sweet smelling as you. No chocolate bon bons as delicious as you.

Oh how it pains me that you are betrothed to another. If you were but mine, I would worship the very ground you walk on. You are a delicate flower that needs to be tended to with the upmost love and respect, because in the most perfect conditions you will flourish. I would provide daily joy to make you smile, encouragement to see your own true potential and all my love so that you would know you are everything to me. 

You must know that your mere presence fills my soul and nourishes me with the morsels I am but lucky enough to receive. How I long to hear the sweet sound of your laughter. I cherish every moment that I am able to steal from you. I gaze at you from afar, wondering if the sentiment will ever be returned.

Until the day that you may be mine, and I can hold you in my arms, I will simply wish you a Happy Saint Valentine’s Day. May it be filled with all the love that you deserve.

With my deepest affection,
James



James Halpert
383 Linden Avenue
Scranton, PA

February 14th, 1904

My dearest Pamela,

I thank you profusely for your kind wishes and of course, it would please me nothing more than to see your latest work of art. I have no doubt in my mind that it will be a masterpiece. I shall count the days until I am able to gaze upon it with my own eyes.

Ah farmer Schrute. I was able to pilfer his trowel, and you know how he doesn’t go anywhere without it, but I was perplexed as to what to do with it. I had procured some of ‘America’s Most Famous Dessert’ the weekend just gone, but rather than eat it, I had saved it for a special occasion. And what an occasion it turned out to be! I borrowed my mother’s largest mixing bowl, and placed the trowel inside, covering it with the jello. Once it had set, under the cover of darkness, I crept onto Schrute Farms and unmolded the jello onto his front porch, knocked on the door, and quickly made haste to the cover of a bush. Oh Pamela, how I do wish you could have seen his reaction. It still causes my sides to shake with laughter whenever I imagine his face.

I’m saddened to hear that you shall not be celebrating Saint Valentine’s Day in a fitting manner with your betrothed. I do not have cause for jubilations, and instead will be helping my brother Thomas with chores that he has promised to carry out for my parents. I’d like to think that perhaps one day in the not too distant future that we will both be able to celebrate Saint Valentine’s Day in the appropriate manner with our respective partners. 

I will look forward indeed to seeing you at Mr’s Scott’s next gathering. And I too will be thinking of you fondly until then. 

Yours truly,

James

Chapter End Notes:
Yeah turns out writing Victorian love letters is really hard

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans