- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Pam rethinks her footwear.

Kudos to whoever first came up with the "freakishly tall" line. (Sorry, I forget who started it!) 

UPDATE: just did some slight editing cuz the present tense it was written in before was killing me.

Disclaimer: Still don’t own anything Office-related. Not even the DVDs. Guess Santa didn’t think I was good enough last year. :-(

 

 

She knows she’s being way too one-track minded, but she can’t help it.

 

Even though it was already 9:00 PM, she made him stop at the nearest grocery store and ask for an empty box. As soon as they get through her front door, he’s forgotten, left standing just inside the doorway with a bemused smile on his face. She headed straight for her closet, box in hand, while she removed her sparkly ballet flats and promptly tossed them in. He chuckled as she plopped herself on the floor in front of her closet and started tossing shoes into the box. Not all her shoes, just the flats. Anything with a heel less than 3 inches gets tossed (except for a pair of sneakers, for working out of course). She had always been one for comfort, but Fancy New Beesley could give a damn about comfort so long as he couldn’t pull that stunt again.

 

“Come on, Pam, it was just a joke. I promise I’ll never do it again.”

 

She glared at him for a moment before returning to the task at hand.

 

He walked over to her and kneeled down as he wrapped his arms around her, and she stopped. Not just because he’s pinned her arms to her sides, but because her limbs turn to jello when he holds her close like that.

 

She leaned her head back onto his chest so he could whisper into her ear, “I’m sorry, please forgive me.”

 

“That was not amusing, Jim. I was trying to have a moment, and you just had to ruin it by keeping your back straight while I tried to pull your head down for a kiss! Why’d you have to be so freakishly tall anyways?”

 

“Ok. One: you know I can’t resist your kisses for too long. And two: you know you find my ‘freakishly tall’ height incredibly sexy.”

 

She rolled her eyes at him, so he began to plant the softest of kisses on her collarbone.

 

“Please, please, please forgive me.” He whispered in between kisses as his mouth inches up her neck, over her jawbone, and closer, closer to her lips. She groaned in defeat as she turned around into his embrace and kissed him full on the lips. They parted only because they’re gasping for air, and really, what fun is it to kiss someone who’s passed out?

 

His arms still around her and her hands still tangled in his messy hair, she sighed. “Ok, fine. I forgive you. But just to make sure…” She turned around abruptly and returned to her shoe-sorting.

 

It’s his turn to roll his eyes and he groans, “Pam, really, do you have to do this right now?”

 

They’re both still kneeling, so she had no trouble turning to whisper in his ear, “Help me and we’ll pick up where we left off.”

 

She laughed as he quickly pushed her aside and dove into her closet.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans