- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Reviews are like sugar. They help the medicine go down so i can get out my sickness called writer's block and keep writing!

Disclaimer: I now own a few episodes from iTunes as well as the Season Two DVD. Unfortunately, that is all I own.

 

 

She never sang in the shower.

 

It’s not that she didn’t like to. She used to sing in the shower all the time, back when she was a kid and in high school. She loved how the bathroom tiles echoed her voice and made her sound like she was really good, might even have a future as a recording artist.

 

Because of course she wasn’t that great of a singer. That’s what she told herself anyways. And then, when she moved in with Roy, he appeared to share her opinion.

 

“Pammy, do you have to sing every morning? I’m trying to get some sleep!” he used to yell from their bed. “Let the people on the radio do the singing.”

 

She hasn’t sung in the shower since then… until this morning.

 

She woke up when he turned on the shower. Already missing his presence next to her she rolled over to his side of the bed, still warm from where he slept. Just a few more minutes.

 

“I can be your hero, baby. I can kiss away the pain..”

 

She buried her face into his pillow to muffle her laughter. Of course Jim would be a shower singer. And of course he’d sing cheesy love songs. It just seemed to suit him. If anyone else heard him, they wouldn’t think much of his voice, but to Pam, he was good enough to get a record deal. So long as you ignored his voice cracking every time he went for the high notes.

 

She pulled herself out of bed, already naked, and walked into the bathroom. He stopped singing out of surprise when she pulled back the curtain to join him, so she finished the rest of the chorus for him.

 

“You can take my breath away…”

 

They sang three more songs together (as well as engaging in other activities)and just barely made it in time to work.

Chapter End Notes:

I have the last chapter done, but still working on the fourth! Everything *should* be up before next week's episode.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans