- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this took forever to post! I had some serious writer's block with this chapter, so please review honestly, but please be nice!

Disclaimer: I own Season 1 and 2.. but only the DVDs. Drat. 

Pam really didn't like to cook. She knew some people found it relaxing, even considering it a hobby. She was definitely not one of those people. But Roy had claimed he barely knew how to work a microwave, so it was either she cook, or order take out. But since take out every night got really expensive, she resigned herself to the fact that she had to make the meals. When she moved into her new apartment by herself, she usually ended up just eating cereal or toast, since she didn't see much point in cooking dinner for one. But since she and Jim moved in together last week, she knew she'd have to dust off her skillet and start cooking again. She was pondering all this when Jim walked up to lean over her desk.

"Earth to Beesley: I don't think staring at your screen will make the little cards move around. Last time I checked, we still needed to use a mouse to play solitare."

Pam snapped out of her reverie to smile up at him. "Hey, maybe you're not the only one with telekinetic powers. I could be gifted , too."

Jim chuckled. "No, seriously, what's up? You had this really pensive look on your face."

"Oh, I was just trying to figure out what to make for dinner tonight. You know, since you made that wonderful chicken marsala last night. Now I have to try and top that. Can't have you beating me at cooking."

He straightened up at this. "First of all, don't bother trying to beat me, because I am the master chef. Second, don't worry about it, I'm cooking again tonight."

She looked up at him skeptically. "Really? But you've been cooking every night this week. Are you sure you don't mind?" Every night, she'd tried to put up an fight to take over dinner plans, but, truthfully, she could have fought harder.

"Pam, I really don't mind, I actually like to cook. Here's the deal: from now on, I'll do the cooking, so long as you promise to work on your art projects in the living room while I'm in the kitchen."

She gasped in feigned horror, "Are you actually banning me from our kitchen?"

He leaned back down again. She loved when he leaned on her desk. "Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. I need to concentrate to pull of those culinary masterpieces, and, let's face it, you're kind of a distraction. And you get to finish your projects without me trying to distract you. And after we eat, I get to have your undivided attention. So, win-win...win."

How can I not fall head over heels for this man? she wondered. "Fine. Deal."

Jim rapped his fingers on his desk, "Great, now get back to practicing your telekenesis. You've still got a ways to go before catching up with me."

Chapter End Notes:
Sorry about the weird formatting... I'm still trying to figure this stuff out..

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans