- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own, in any way, shape, or form, any of the characters from “The Office”.  Though if I did… Jim and Pam would probably be together by now… in a house with a terrace. 
 

 

 A Sleepless Night 

            Michael’s party had surprisingly become a success.  Many people came in and chatted about the quality of their paper, having drinks, and making deals with various companies.  Jim had scored two new paper suppliers within the first hour and then moved towards to back of the room and poured himself another drink.  Thoughts of what transpired through out the day plagued his mind. 

 

            As the party began to end, Jim congratulated Michael on throwing a great party.  His mind was so full that he didn’t even pay attention to the joke that Michael had said to him.  Jim just smiled and nodded before saying goodnight to both Michael and Dwight and walking towards the elevator.

 

How am I going to get sleep tonight? He thought to himself as the elevator closed behind him when he pressed his floor number.  The walk to his room was just as painful as most of his day had been.  The news that overwhelmed him was that Pam, the love of his life, was now single, and was going on a date.  The fact that she was single was the part that hurt him the most.  He remembered the night where he summed up his courage and told her how he felt.  She was engaged, and here he was, pouring out his heart to her.  He expected it when she said that she couldn’t feel the same.  What he didn’t expect was that when he took another chance and kissed her, she kissed him back.  He could have died at that moment, and he could have been happy.  But he crashed back to reality when she said she was still going to marry Roy.  He got to his room and pushed the thoughts out of his mind as he opened the door and got ready for bed.

 

He couldn’t sleep at all that night.  His mind was racing, wondering if the date she went on was any good.  The thought of someone else making her laugh made his blood boil.  Had she already forgotten? He wondered while blinking away the tears.  Thoughts of her not remembering what had transpired between them the last time they spoke.  He thought that leaving was supposed to end the constant pain that he would have endured if she got married.  Knowing that she didn’t go through with the marriage, the pain from before turned into anger and confusion.

 

Why didn’t she call me and tell me about this? I thought that she would at least let me know about it.  His anger grew when he thought of how he found out. And hearing it from Michael, of all people, is the one to tell me. Tears began to trickle down his face as he began to calm down.

 

I guess if she doesn’t feel the same way and wants to date, then I should be able to do the same. He closed his eyes trying to let sleep overtake him. 

 

Maybe that girl that sits behind me at work and I can start hanging out more. He cringed as the thoughts of Pam crept back into his head.  His eyes furrowed and he opened them, wishing that his heart would no longer ache for her like it did.  He had decided to move on, theirs no turning back now.  As sleep took over him, he was haunted by dreams of them being together, living happily for the rest of their lives.  He laughed as he thought about the dreams which used to give him the strength he needed, was now the source of the pain that disturbed him every night.

Chapter End Notes:
There it is! Please Review!


sMs104 is the author of 2 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans