- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here it is, the final Chapter, sorry for the late update once again, School got the best of me! Hope you enjoy it!

Jim slowly turned around to see Pam in a beautiful red dress, smiling down at him like he was the only person in the room. 

 

“Pam? You came?” Jim quickly got to his feet in order to get a better look at her. “And you look…stunning… I mean, you always do but…” He blushed as he stated the last part.  “I thought Roy didn’t want you to come out tonight.” He questioned, smiling at her.

  

“I told him that I was going to work out, so I don’t have long.” She stated, noticing a frown beginning to form on his face.  “But I do owe someone a dance though.  If he still wants to, of course.” Pam continued, as her face was now as red as her dress.

 

Jim stammered for a moment before smiling and saying “I’d love to.” with a smile that she considered her smile.  He offered her his hand and her smile grows as her hand fits perfectly in his.  They walk out to the dance floor right as “So Close” by John McLaughlin starts to play over the speakers.

 

You’re in my arms
And all the world is calm
The music playing on for only two
So close together
And when I’m with you
So close to feeling alive

They look at each other as if they were both asking each other if dancing with one another is a good idea.  Jim was surprised when Pam wraps her arms around his neck leaving room between them.  Pam’s heart begins to race as Jim’s strong hands trace along her waist, sending shivers up her body.

 A life goes by
Romantic dreams will stop
So I bid mine goodbye and never knew
So close was waiting, waiting here with you
And now forever I know
All that I wanted to hold you
So close
 

The dance between them was slow, swaying back and forth, their eyes looking the other way.  Jim smiles as he tucks away some loose hair behind her ears. “You made a mistake on your name today.” His heart is pounding so loudly now, he was about to lose all control and confess his feelings for her.

 So close to reaching that famous happy end
Almost believing this was not pretend
And now you’re beside me and look how far we’ve come
So far we are so close

She looks up at him, both surprised that he brought it up and blushing because he was wrong.  She leans her head against his slender shoulder and whispers “No I don’t think I did.”  As she rests on his shoulder, she realizes she never wants to leave.  Each of his heart beats sends a tingle of pleasure through her body.

 How could I face the faceless days
If I should lose you now?
We’re so close
To reaching that famous happy end
And almost believing this was not pretend
Let’s go on dreaming for we know we are
So close
So close
And still so far…
 

 

As the song comes to an end, they begin to part and Pam continues to hold Jim’s hands, while looking into his eyes.  Jim stares back, wanting to close the distance between them and taste her lips, just once.  Pam begins to frown, not knowing what to do.  Her body craved for his touch but her mind tells her that it is time to go.

 

“Hey I think I should get going,” she states as she moves away from Jim’s body, “Roy is going to start asking questions pretty soon.  Can you walk me out?”

 

“Oh yeah, for sure.” Jim replies sadly, as she begins to grab her things.

 

As they walk to her car, Pam looks around to see if the cameras or anyone was around them.  When she doesn’t see anyone, she turns in front of Jim and blushes as he smiles down at her.

 

“Jim…I had a great time tonight.” She says while being on the verge of crying.

 

“I did too, too bad that you have to go; we could make fun of everybody all night.” Jim states with a laugh.

 

She smiles and looks up at him.  She wipes away some of the tears that are starting to slip out as silence fills the air.  She suddenly gets the urge to do something that she has wanted to for a long time.

“Hey Jim, can I do something?” She asks softly.  Butterflies start soaring through her body as he looks down at her.

 

“Uh su-” Jim begins to reply as Pam closes the distance between them and gives him a soft kiss on the cheek.  Just as quickly as the kiss began, it ended as Pam starts walking to her car.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow right?” Her mind still dizzy from just a mere kiss on the cheek.

 

“I sure hope so.” Jim replies in amazement.

 

They both smile and say their goodbyes. As she drives off, Jim stands their thinking about how good it felt to feel her lips up against his skin.  He lets out a sigh starts walking back into the dance.  His thoughts go back to that moment, and he realizes that a moment like this would most likely never happen again.

  “Tonight was a great night.” Jim states to the camera before grinning and walking over to his car.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
FIN! first multi chapter story and it took... almost a year :P goodness, maybe next time Ill be quicker with the updates! Please review, and thank you for the support along the way!


sMs104 is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Dancing Around the Competition also liked 117 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans