- Text Size +

Dancing Around the Competition:  Chapter 3

 

Michael stands in the warehouse talking with Daryl when Roy joins the conversation.

 

“So my comrades, it’s really too bad that you guys can not come tonight.  I vouched for you to head office, but they wouldn’t budge.” Michael says while trying to sound cool.

 

“Nah, it’s really okay Michael.  The game is on tonight anyways.” Daryl says and turns towards Roy. “I think we will be fine.” He states while suppressing his laughter.

 

“Yeah, we will be more than okay not going tonight.  What is the seminar about anyways?” Roy asks Michael with a curious look on his face.

 

“Well I didn’t want to say anything because I didn’t want to spoil you evening knowing what you would be missing out on this.” Michael continues as he takes a step back. “But we will be taking dance lessons and then have a sales ‘dance’.” Michael smiles , content with his idea.

 

Michael slowly glances and both Daryl and Roy to see if they are upset about not going, when he realizes that Roy is shaking with anger.  Roy looks up as Michaels smile slowly turns into a frown.  He stopped everything that he was doing and marches up the stairs; wanting to make sure Pam doesn’t go tonight.

 

XXX

 

Pam was working the phones at her desk when she sees Roy come through the doors looking upset as he walks towards her desk.  “Hey you, what’s wrong?” She asked while looking up at Roy as he leans over her desk.

 

“You are coming home tonight after work; no questions asked.” Roy replies sternly. “I don’t want you dancing around with other guys and I thought you didn’t even like dancing. “ Roy’s states as his voice rises with every word he says.

 

“No, I like dancing, we stopped going because,” She realized that the cameras were focusing on the argument and she held her breath for a moment, “Um Roy, can we talk about this in private?” Pam’s nervousness escalates as Roy slams his hand down on her desk, causing everyone in the office to notice what was happening.

 

No, we are going to talk about it right now.” Roy shouts at Pam while staring at her with anger.  His stare was burning into her as she begins to tear up.

 

“Roy, I…” Pam says slowly as she begins to shake now, not knowing what to say.

 

“What Pam? What are you trying to say?” Roy asks her while taking a step closer to her.  Jim comes in from the break room to witness the argument and decides to step in and end it. 

“Hey you two, why don’t we just….” Jim says calmly as he walks towards Pam and Roy.

 

Roy turns right when Jim gets close enough and grabs him by the collar of his shirt.  He throws Jim up against the wall, pinning him against it as he speaks. “Shut up Halpert! This has nothing to do with you, so just back off! Don’t think for second that I forgot about the rumors that have been going around the office.” Roy glares at Jim as Pam begs him to put Jim down.  Jim grabs Roy’s wrist as he balances himself.

 

“That isn’t what this is about.  I am just saying…” Jim begins to say until Roy’s fist crashes into his face and he falls to the ground.  Pam lets out a scream and rushes over to Jim who is laying on the ground, bleeding from the punch to the nose.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans