- Text Size +
Story Notes:
The Office and it's characters do not belong to me.
“Psst!” Pam was trying to get Karen's attention. It was pretty hard to do from way across the room. Instead, Jim turned around and smiled at her, thinking she was trying to get his attention. She just smiled back and went back to working.

A couple minutes later, Karen came up to her desk. She smiled and leaned down. “Was that for me, before?”

Pam giggled. “Yeah, I wanted to get you over here.”

“Well, I'm here now, Pamela. What's the deal?” She asked, helping herself to a jellybean out of the bowl on Pam's desk. She chewed slowly and leaned towards Pam conspiratorially.

“Okay, so Andy's been calling Jim “Big Tuna” ever since the merger, right?” Pam said, trying to suppress her laughter. She kept an eye on Jim, paranoid he would hear.

Karen snorted. She blushed and then tried to keep her voice at a whisper. “Oh, my God, yes. He's been calling him that since he started at Stamford.”

“Right, so if you watch Jim today after lunch, you'll get a good laugh.” Pam's eyes sparkled up at Karen as she spoke.

Karen gave Pam a questioning look. “What have you been up to, Beesly?”

Pam tried to look innocent. “Nothing at all, of course.” She gave Karen a wink.

Karen narrowed her eyes. “This better be good.” She pointed a finger at Pam and repeated herself. “This better be good!”

...

Later, Karen kept her eyes peeled for any interesting stuff happening around Jim's desk. It was five minutes after lunch and Jim hadn't come back from the break room yet. Karen jiggled her leg anxiously, waiting for the good stuff to start.

Jim came walking towards his desk then, and Karen saw Pam try to act like she was busy. He sat down, and bent down to open a drawer.

She heard him from across the room exclaim, “What the hell?”

She bit her lip and tried to get a better view of what was going on. She saw Pam practically hiding behind her desk, her shoulders shaking from laughter.

Then she saw Jim take can after can of tuna out of his desk drawer. She saw at least twenty cans piled up on his desk, and she laughed out loud when she saw him open another draw to find even more cans of tuna.

He didn't look mad, of course, just bewildered. He gave a look to the stacks of tuna he had put on his desk, and leaned back in his chair. Then he made another face, and turned around to take something out of his coat pocket. Karen felt her eyes water when she saw him holding up a jar of mayonnaise.
Just then, Andy walked by Jim's desk and stopped. He opened his mouth in shock before he said, “Big Tuna, I think you may have a problem, man.”

At that, Karen and Pam laughed out loud together. Pam held her hand in front of her mouth, her face red and her whole body shaking.

Karen made her way over to Pam's desk, and held out her hand for a high five. Pam slapped her palm, and giggled, feeling proud. They both turned to look at Jim, making innocent faces.

Jim narrowed his eyes at both of them, and shook his head. “This means war, ladies.” He said as he pointed to both of them. “This means war.”


katrina87 is the author of 14 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Partners In Crime also liked 8 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans