- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, here's chapter two. A little bit of fun from Dwight, Kelly, and Andy, but mostly Jam. The next few chapters will be longer (I hope! I'm still getting used to the whole long fic thing). Thanks for all the encouragement to continue. Again, please Review and let me know what you think!

"Hey!" Jim panted as he and Pam reached the parking lot, "No fair! You had a head start!"

"Yeah, but you have longer legs, so it evens out."

Before Jim could protest, Karen walked up, grabbing him by the waist and pulling him towards her. "Hey," she said, "Have fun today."

"Yeah," Jim answered, "You too. Too bad we couldn't go together." Pam shifted uncomfortably at the words. Karen gave Jim a kiss on the cheek just before Kelly ran up and grabbed her arm.

"Oh my god, Karen. I am so glad Michael put us together. I mean, besides Ryan, and Pam...and maybe Jim, you are totally the only person I'd want to go with. And we have so much to talk about! Oh my god. Did you know that Tom and Katie--" Kelly dragged Karen off and her voice was drowned out by Dwight's who was standing a few feet away arguing with Andy.

"We're taking my car."

"I'm not getting in that...jalopy!" Andy demanded.

"Uh, yeah, you are. Fact: I have lived in Scranton my whole life. Fact: you just moved here. Fact: I know the quickest ways to get around."

"Puh-lease. I bet I learned more shortcuts in a month here than you learned your entire life!"

"Is that so? Care to test that theory? You take your car, I'll take mine. We'll see who gets to the sales call first."

"Oh you are so on!" Andy and Dwight eyed each other hatefully for a second before they both sprinted to their cars and sped off, leaving Pam and Jim alone in the parking lot, shaking their heads.

"Well," Jim said at last, "Your car or mine?"

"Fact:" Pam said, laughing, "Um...yours." They got in. "Where exactly are we going, anyway?"

"I don't know. Michael put the location of all our sales calls in envelopes."

"Are they marked with a stamp that says Top Secret?"

"No, but it may self destruct in 10..9..8..." they collapsed into giggles as Jim opened the envelope. "No. Way." He muttered.

"What? Where is it?"

"Well, you know how, since the merger, we're Dunder Mifflin NorthEast?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, prepare to go North. And east. For about two and a half hours."

"What?!?" Pam grabbed the paper from Jim's hands. "That's crazy!"

"That's...Michael." Jim sighed, then smiled. "Well, you know what that means. Road Trip!"

***

Two and a half hours later, Pam's shoes were off and she was attempting to headbang to "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen.

"Hey, uh...Garth?"

"Yeah Wayne?"

"We're...here." Jim shut off the car, smiling that smile that Pam knew was only for her. She sheepishly slid on her Keds and they walked into the squat gray building where they attempted to sell paper.

***

"Nicely done, Ms. Beesly." She bowed to Jim. He stared at her for longer than he knew he should. She had been amazing--persuasive, logical, and...beautiful. He shook his head. "Well, I'm starving. And I think we deserve a little something after that enormous sale."

"That's what she said."


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans