- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took so long, but here's the next installment.

I love you.

What?

I love you.

How many more times do you want me to say it?

One more time would be nice.

I love you.

 

By the end of the movie, Pam was holding back tears. This was a bad choice; too close to home. She glanced at Jim, but she couldn't read his expression. As the credits rolled, Pam stretched and excused herself to go to the bathroom. In there, she took a minute to regain composure and joined Jim back in the living room. He was sitting on the couch, finishing off his soupy ice cream. "Hey," he almost whispered when he saw her.

"Hey. How ya' doing?"

Jim shook his head. "I...really don't know. I...I keep thinking about Katy."

Pam couldn't hide her surprise. "The purse girl?"

Jim laughed. "Uh, yeah, I guess so. You know why I broke up with her?"

Pam knew. She hadn't known at the time, but after May...she knew. What she didn't know was why Jim would bring up that subject. They hadn't talked about it since, well, ever. Finally, she said weakly, "Because her favorite movie was Legally Blonde?"

Jim laughed. "Well, kind of, yeah. I mean, that was part of it. She was so awesome--beautiful, fun--but I just didn't care. I didn't want to be with her."

"So what makes you think of her now?" Pam really hoped this conversation was headed where she thought it was.

"Well, I kind of broke up with Karen for the same reason."

"You broke up with her?"

"Yeah, I told you that."

"No, you said that you and Karen broke up. I guess...I thought she broke up with you."

Jim just shrugged. They sat in silence for a while, until finally Jim yawned. Pam looked at the clock. "Oh my gosh. It's almost one."

"Yeah, Beesly. So if you don't mind getting out my bedroom..."

"Jim...your in the living room."

"Which is where I'll be sleeping. I mean, your parents only have one extra bedroom here, so..."

"Right...but...I mean, you can take the bed."

"Really? You sure?"

"Totally"

"But then...who will tuck me in and tell me a bedtime story?" His look was challenging, and Pam knew she couldn't back away.

"Who else? I'm the tucking in champion on the northern Pennsylvania area. I'll even check under the bed for monsters." Pam skipped into the bedroom with Jim following closely behind her.

Chapter End Notes:
Please continue to review. Feedback is awesome.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans