- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope this chapter's not too disappointing! Just remember, I rated it K for a reason, so don't expect too much smut! :P

"Let me see..." Pam got down on her hands and knees as Jim stood behind her and tried very hard to keep his eyes away from her posterior.  "Nope, no monsters here," she proclaimed.

"Well, I feel much safer now."

"So...I guess I'll be..." she motioned towards the door. "Good Night, Jim."

"Seriously?"

"What?"

"You're leaving me?"

She shook her head, feeling the pink on her cheeks. "I don't..."

"Well, I was promised a bed time story."

"Oh," she laughed. "Of course." Jim sat cross-legged on the bed (Pam almost died because of how adorable he looked) and motioned for her to sit next to him. She did, and started, "Let's see...you'll have to help me. I'm not the best story teller."

"Okay, but you start."

"Alright...Once upon a time...there was...a girl. A Princess. Who was imprisoned in her castle and forced to answer phones all day."

"Don't forget about her handsome companion..."

"Yes, the stable-boy. Who would sometimes come and steal the...magic beans she kept by the phone...but she tolerated him, because he would also relieve her boredom by playing jokes on the Court Magician...Samuel L. Chang." Pam started laughing at that memory, and Jim had to continue for her.

"Right. So one night..." Jim took a deep breath. Now or never, he thought. "One night, while the Duke of Scott was holding a banquet, The Princess and The Stable-Boy escaped to the...drawbridge. There, the Stable-Boy confessed his love for The Princess. But the Princess turned him down. Twice."

Pam had stopped laughing now, and she wouldn't let Jim say another word. "But the Princess really did love the Stable-Boy." Pam continued, "She was just scared because she had been betrothed to another man. Then the Stable-Boy left the castle, vowing never to return, and the Princess never got a chance to explain. She never got a chance to apologize. She never got a chance to say 'I'm in love with you, too.'" Pam was crying by this time, and Jim couldn't help but pull her into his arms.

"But the Stable-Boy came back," he whispered, "And they got a chance to make it all right."

Pam sniffed and pulled away. "I'm so sorry, Jim. I...I don't know what to say."

"Why didn't you call me Pam? Why didn't you tell me something...anything?"

"I was sure you hated me. You know, a phone works both ways--you could have called me too. But you didn't. And then when you came back, I tried to talk to you. I wanted to go for coffee. But you were dating Karen. And..."

"Well, I'm not dating Karen now. So..."

And Pam looked deep into Jim's eyes, and she decided that Fancy New Beesly couldn't wait anymore, and she kissed him. And he kissed her back. And pretty soon, they were all tangled up in each others arms and laying in bed, one room below Pam's mom. Jim was kissing his was down Pam's neck when she pushed him away ever so gently. "Jim...my parents...I can't. I mean...I want to. God, I want to. But...I can't."

Jim exhaled, "I understand...but, God, Beesly! After tonight, you have to promise me you will never use those words again."

"What? I Can't?"

"Yes! Nothing good ever happened after you said that to me."

"Sorry, Halpert. I'll try to remember that.  Well, I guess...I'll be...going..."

"What? Why?"

"Well, you know..."

"Pam, just because we're not going to have sex tonight, that doesn't mean we can't stay in the same room together." She tilted her head and looked up at him as Jim's voice grew suddenly soft. "Pam. I love you so much. Stay here, with me. Please?"

Pam smiled. "How can I say no to that?" She quietly got under the covers as Jim, suit and all, joined her. "I love you, Jim."

"I love you, Pam.  See you in the morning."

Chapter End Notes:
Reviews keep me happy and writing!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans