Nanowrimo!

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    More Than That
    Branch Manager

Most writers are probably familiar with Nanowrimo, but if not, it stands for National Novel Writing Month and it’s a 30-day challenge during November to write a 50,000 word novel! Ideally you don’t write a single word of your novel until Nov 1st, though research and outlining is allowed and encouraged.

The 2016 session is a little ways off but it’s never too early to start planning your novel, or to round up some writing buddies!

We have posted a couple “Official” forum threads at Nanowrimo:

First, an Office Thread in the Fanfic Forum, come to talk Office and talk about writing Office.

Second an MTT Thread in the Groups and Clubs forum, for any MTTer who’s taking on Nanowrimo and wants to connect with other MTTers!

And of course, please post here in this thread if you’re taking on Nanowrimo this year!

So, are you participating? Have you decided what your novel will be about? What are your favorite tips for hitting the 1,667 words per day you need to write to “win” the Nanowrimo challenge?

#822 Reply
      sharky
      Employee

I’m here for these things! This will be my third year and I won the past two years — and then promptly didn’t do anything with my novels. I will this time or something! 🙂

#824 Reply
        Ladama
        Assistant (to the) Manager

@sharky thanks for joining up here! I’ll be making an attempt this year ( I try just about every year but won just once long long ago). If anyone wants to be writing buddies, I’m registered there under my fic penname-NobleLandMermaid

#835 Reply
          time4moxie
          Employee

Every year it certainly beckons, and most years I at least log into my account and come up with a starting idea.   I did win in 2006 and (I think) 2008, but that was under a different account than I’m using now.  I last finished in 2013, so maybe it’s time I try again.   2016 has been a pretty sucky year, I think we can generally agree, so maybe we should end it on a high note.  You can find me as moxie.krasinski ==> http://nanowrimo.org/participants/moxie-krasinski

#865 Reply
            sharky
            Employee

Added you as a buddy now @time4moxie so you can’t get out of it! I’m sharky over there as usual. Won the last two years so I’m going to see if I can keep that going.

#879 Reply
              Ladama
              Assistant (to the) Manager

Alright, Nano is underway, anyone else doing it this year? Anyone else wanna be my writing buddy –  NobleLandMermaid?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              Reply To: Nanowrimo!
              General Reply Rules: Be polite and make sure your content is Safe For Work (SFW).
              Registered Users will have their first reply moderated. All replies from non-registered users are moderated. Please allow 24hrs for your reply to be approved before contacting us.
              Your information: