- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Unprofessional

“I don’t care. Having that…person in the office was inappropriate, demeaning, and unprofessional.”

 

“You had entertainment at your party, also.”

 

“We had an educational, historical guest speaker. It was very informative. The only thing you could possibly have learned from that...individual was the allure of sin.”

 

“Don’t be ridiculous.”

 

“Ridiculous? Oh, then please do tell me what gems of wisdom the trollop imparted. I’m dying to hear.”

 

 

 

     

“Well? What “education” did you get?”

 

“Michael asked me to call, and I called. You know I take my duties as his assistant very seriously.”

 

“Fine.” *sigh*

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

What?”

 

“All right, fine, Michael made you hire her. But why, of all the desks in the office, did you make her sit next to me?”

   

“Is that a serious question?”

 

“Of course it is.”

 

“Isn’t it obvious? Where else could I safely put her? Next to Pam? Phyllis? Please. I knew I could trust you to keep an eye on her without being tainted by her dubious moral character.”

   

“Really?”

 

“Yes. I’m sorry if she made you uncomfortable, but I knew your strength of character would be more than a match for any loose living she tried to spread.”

  

“You think I have strength of character?”

 

“The strongest of any woman I’ve ever known.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Does that smile mean I’m forgiven?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Dwight?”

 

“Yes, Angela?”

 

“Did you think the stripper was pretty?”

 

“Marginal. Good muscle tone, no obvious dental problems, but she had abnormally large earlobes.”

"I see.”

 

“Angela?”

 

“What?”

 

“I think you’re beautiful.”

 

“Thank you, Dwight.”

 



nqllisi is the author of 87 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans