- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

3--PERJURY (Dwight)

This was a test.

He was absolutely sure about this. A test of his loyalty to Michael, to the company.

But Michael was more than his boss: he was his mentor (his sensei), his leader, his friend, the captain he would lay down his life for.

His life.

And of course, his life outranked his urine in the grand scheme of things. And yet, he hesitated.

He briefly thought that this was what it must have been like for Sam, when he and Frodo were inside of Mount Doom and Frodo gave into the ring. Sam saved him, even after Frodo had been proven to be weak.

Dwight would save Michael, even though he'd been weak.

This was a test.

But as he handed Michael the cup, he couldn't help but feel awful.

He caught a glimpse of himself in the bathroom mirror as he washed his hands, his sheriff's badge catching the light, and he suddenly knew.

This had been a test. Just not the one he thought.

And he'd failed.

 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans