- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

4--PLAGERISM (Jim)

Sometimes he hopes that Dwight is smarter than he lets on.

There are times that Jim honestly thinks that, in the end, Dwight's the one that is really playing the ultimate prank on him. Because sometimes Jim doesn't know how Dwight just doesn't have what's considered to be common knowledge.

And honestly, Jim's never been a good liar.

So, he's not quite sure how he feels about the fact that Dwight almost always took everything Jim said at face value (even when showing outward suspicion). It was like...Dwight trusted him. He must, because even after all the pranks and teasing, Dwight would still confide in Jim sometimes and it would strike him as surreal.

It was at these times that Jim considered whether or not he should test that trust (dare he say loyalty?), to stop pushing him.

But then Dwight would turn around and be completely obnoxious and Jim just wasn't going to have it.

So it was with a clear conscience that he printed out Mussolini's speech, having typed "Dwight's Speech by Jim Halpert" on the Word document just moments before.

Watching Dwight scan the words, Jim looked carefully for any sign that Dwight knew what it was. But he snatched up the sheet of paper and said "I'll glance at it" and Jim really wished that Michael decided that the whole office needed to go and 'support' Dwight just so he could witness what was sure to be one of the best pranks ever.

Or, at least, he should make sure that someone got it on video.
 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans