- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is one of my weirder little snippets. I hope it works.
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Fairytale

Once upon a time, Prince Charming plucked you out of shy teenage obscurity, and you expected to live happily ever after.

 

Turns out, though, that Prince Charming didn’t have a castle or a kingdom. In fact, he wasn’t exactly Prince Charming- just a sweet, thoughtless boy who lulled you into an enchanted sleep.

 

Prince Charming, then, is really the one who kisses you and wakes you up. Except that he wanders off and rescues someone else while you’re rubbing the drowsiness from your eyes.

 

So you’re awake, now, but you’re trapped in the tower you built in your sleep. You might be persuaded to let your hair down, if he ever stopped and asked you. Unfortunately, he always has her on the back of his horse these days, so you keep yourself quiet. You even try to go back to sleep, but the nightmares start and you realize that you have to face the new day.

 

Finally, you remember something your fairy godmother told you (or was it him?). “You have to take a chance on something sometime.”

 

But on what? It seems unlikely that he’ll try to rescue you again while she’s around. It seems even less likely that she’ll fall off the back of his horse. There’s only one thing left to bet on.

 

You pack your magic mirror and your one glass slipper (she’s been trying on the other shoe for months, but she’ll never make it fit). Whispering his name, you jump out of the tower window.

 

Taking a chance on yourself was the right choice all along. You’re a fairy princess, after all. You have wings to fly.

 



nqllisi is the author of 87 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked Fairytale also liked 740 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans