- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Good thing

 

"Why are you so nervous?" Pam laughed at the fidgeting, pale (but smiling) Jim who leaned in her doorway.

His eyebrows shot up as though she were crazy. "Seriously?"

"Yeah...I mean, it's just me." Even as she said the words, Pam knew she was being slightly insincere. After all, she had practically flown home to change into clothes he'd never seen, and she'd done her hair a special way. It was her, but fancier.

"Riiiight." Jim was still smiling incredulously as he took a step toward her. "But, see, here's the thing. With most first dates, if it doesn't go well you just say, 'Oh, well. I guess she wasn't the one.' " He moved closer still, reaching down to take her hand lightly in his. "But when you know she is the one..." Pam felt her stomach flip as he paused, starting into her eyes. He licked his lips nervously and continued, "...well, if you screw it up, then you've basically ruined everything."

Pam smiled with pure joy (and a touch of nervousness, although she'd never admit it). "I see your point. Good thing tonight is going to be perfect, then."

Jim's head bobbed back in surprise at her assertion, and he returned her smile watt for watt. "Good thing."



nqllisi is the author of 87 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked Good thing also liked 2558 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans