- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I don't own anything. Swear. If I did, this show would be retitled 'The Jim and Pam Show' and moved to late night HBO.
Author's Chapter Notes:
I wrote this in half an hour. With two breaks. Hope it doesn't suck.



three.
He thinks she never saw the phone vibrate across his desk, or the way his eyes lit up in a surprised sort of way she'd never seen on someone so wasted when he glanced at his phone while stretched in the back seat. He'll never know that she saw the words briefly while helping him out of the car.

Michael proposed!!!!! Call ASAP!!!!!!!!

She even caught the name Pam shining from the top of the screen.

Who the hell is Pam?

She tried not to hope it was a sister informing of a recent engagement.

eleven.
She doesn't think he ever saw the way Pam looked at him, but she did. People on the inside of a situation are blinded by what they believe is true.

She has 20/20 vision.

He doesn't think Pam ever saw the way he looked at her, either. It never crosses his mind to think that Karen might be noticing every action that points him towards the understated, pretty receptionist and not towards her.

six.
She pretended not to see the flatness and the hint of panic in his eyes, the subtle twitching of his hand and the not-quite-there quirk of his smile as he invited her to Scranton.

fifteen.
He talks in his sleep.

She found this out one early, early morning when she awoke to a murmured, "God, yes, please . . . . There, there . . . Jesus . . ."

She had smiled and scooted closer, but the next word made her draw back in disgust.

"Pam . . ."

When he woke up, the bathroom door was locked and the shower running so he couldn't hear her choking sobs.

nine.
"You kissed her? You kissed Pam?"

"Karen, I--listen, ple--"

"Save it, Lover Boy. There are certain things a 'serious' girlfriend should know. Learn what the fuck they are."

one.
Okay, so she lied. She was much more interested in the new guy than she would ever let on.

And no matter how confused she was about that face, she had to admit it was damn cute.

every second of every day
She's not enough, never will be. She knows it.

She waits for the day he'll break her heart.


Chapter End Notes:
Reviews warrant the mental image of a soaked Krasinski in a towel. (;


elliehalpert is the author of 8 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked bleed (in silence) also liked 1048 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans