- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I own nothing but the bottle of wine I bought for tomorrow's episode. Oops, did I say that aloud?



----------




She'd pushed him to have a few glasses of champagne at the reception. His brothers were clapping hands on his back and thrusting cold beers into his hands, but he waved them off gently with a few jokes.

She pressed her hand into his arm and urged him to have a drink.

"Stop, don't worry about me," she said, her eyelashes thick and beautiful as she looked up at him. "Have a few drinks, it's your wedding."

He shook his head and grabbed her hand, urging her away from the bar and to the dance floor. Again. Who knew completely enamored Jim would be so wrapped up in dancing with his wife over and over again?

"No, I'm fine, that's not fair anyway," he said with a simple smile. He reached up to touch her hair gently, the sweep of her bangs tucked somewhere behind her ear.

She blushed. "Come on, don't worry about me. Besides, I love it when you're just... tipsy."

He smirked. "You're thinking about that one time at that bar in Dixon City."

She nodded. "Oh, always."

He rolled his eyes. "What's my poison?"

She laced her fingers through his again and looked over to the bar thoughtfully. "Well... Wait, no! You need to have some of that champagne. One of the most expensive things here. I'm about to save a bottle for six months from now. Jim, it's a crime if one of us doesn't have any of it."

He rolled his eyes again. "All right. Come on."

She waited for him to down his few glasses, loving the way he became once they were in his system. Jim could barely hide his feelings sober, seeing this side of Jim now and then made her feel like gold. The way he would almost tune out the guests and their words to them as a new couple, as his fingers drew shapes on the back of her hand. As if his fingers were mapping out their futures on the skin right there.

He'd done his best to thank everyone, still urged by the champagne. Pam had clung to his side as he spoke to the crowd, still steady enough for his words to come out as genuinely as he felt them. She squeezed his hand as he looked down at her, still speaking to their friends and family as he said, "I can't believe I'm married to this girl, finally..." He said a few other words that Pam couldn't remember before he sweetly kissed her lips and tasted like champagne and love and everything she was waiting for.

He tugged on her hand sometime afterward and they were on the elevator when she leaned her head into his shoulder. He wasn't drunk, not even close, but he still felt the gentle buzz from the champagne enough to feel his pulse thrumming under his skin. His lips were sensitive enough to fall in love again when they met her hair, just simply rubbing them there and pushing them into a kiss before breathing all of her in.

"Today was so great," she said on an inhale, wrapping her arms around him loosely on a deep exhale. Her cheek was warm through the fabric of his sleeve. He closed his eyes and let his hand drift up and rest against the skin exposed on her back. He was sure the alcohol just magnified everything, but he felt more content than he ever had in his life as the elevator pulled them upward. Pam was nearly drowsy with happiness, glowing against him, her slight belly resting against his side. She turned further into him.

"Look," she said, pulling away and looking down with a slight laugh. "We're almost to that point where I can't reach you."

"You're not that big yet," he said, reaching down to rub his hand over her stomach. A smile broke his lips as he felt her, warm and solid, under his hand.

"Almost," she said scratching the material near his hand before falling back into him again.

When they were in the suite, various members of the wedding party having moved their things into the room, her eyes sparkled at the sight of the bed all done up in fluffy bedding, calling to her as her eyes she felt her body slack with exhaustion.

"You're so tired, aren't you?" he said, pulling a little on her hand with a laugh, before letting go to loosen his tie.

"No," she lied, yawning and then rolling her eyes. "Not a bit."

He moved to call her bluff, but she stopped him. "Wait, I have to show you something."

She picked up her dress around her knees and made her way to another part of the room he couldn't see. While she was digging through her luggage, he fell into the bed, against the pile of pillows there and tried to breathe as he stretched. His feet seemed to expand once they were out of the shoes that were a size too small.

He smiled at that memory. Enough little things had gone wrong that day, for sure. It made everything all the better somehow, as he remember he and Pam laughing at each one of them.

She came back into the room juggling a small book with the fabrics of her dress gathered against her forearms. He opened his eyes and watched her as she set the book down on the comforter, and he reached for it.

"No!" she said as she carefully maneuvered her way next to him on the bed, taking caution with her dress and settling her knees against the bed. With a hazy grin, he offered her a hand and pulled her up closer to him. The fabric billowed all around her like clouds, dreamy with the white of the comforter as the backdrop.

When she was firmly settled into his side and his arm was draped around her, she bent forward with difficulty to grab the book. She threw herself back, brushing the hair away from her face with great effort.

He chuckled and squeezed her shoulder. "Okay, what is this?" He gestured toward the book in her hands.

She stared at it for a second before shaking her head and covering it with both hands. "Actually... You know what? Let's just talk for a while first."

He quirked his eyebrows. "What is it?"

She pursed her lips into a smile, then quickly spread it into a grin. "Nothing. Let's just talk for a while..." She looked into his eyes, reaching up to push a piece of dust away from the bridge of his nose, keeping her eyes there after her finger was gone. "Tell me, what's it like to be married to Pam Halpert?"

He reached for the book, but she pulled it away again. He sighed exasperatedly as her fingers itched its black cover. "Well, it's great, but she's going to be pissed if she finds out I'm here."

"Oh, really?" Pam asked sweetly, playing along.

"Oh yeah," Jim said, waving his free hand in the air. "She's pregnant, so she's super touchy about lots of things. You know, poultry... extramarital affairs..."

"Is that right?" Pam mused, clutching the book tighter in her hands, noticing Jim's eyes stray down to it as he nodded. "I swore she had some of the chicken they served tonight."

"Did she?" Jim asked, and she nodded. "So that phase is over then?" She nodded again. "Oh, that's good. It's always fun to check another thing off of the list of the things my wife pukes at."

She pursed her lips and smiled again. "Tell me more about your wife."

He tapped his chin, squinting. "She's all right. Nothing special. Almost as cute as you."

"Even the fat version?"

He laughed and shook his head. "Oh my god, you're not fat. How many times do I have to tell you that this is the best look for you, ever?"

She scoffed. "You want me tubby forever?"

He placed his hand on her belly. "Come on Pam! You know what I mean. I'm trying to be the perfect husband here, okay?"

She laughed and snuggled into him further, looking down at the first glimpse of her little family.

He leaned forward, his mouth against the skin by her ear. He kissed her quickly before bowing his head slightly and pressing his forehead there instead. "I'm so in love with you."

Pam closed her eyes at those words, feeling the tears that had been threatening all day finally come forward. She'd known since she had fit into her dress that afternoon that she wouldn't cry until she was alone with Jim, but there were so many moments leading up to then where she'd come close.

He bent forward and his lips met hers and she felt like she was falling completely in love with him again. For maybe the hundredth time that day, but nevertheless, it was a feeling of wholeness that nothing could compete with. His left was resting delicately on her back, his right hand with the same care over the swell of her belly. His fingers spread long and wide over her and his thumb moved back and forth as his lips overlapped with hers. She struggled to keep up with the slow kiss that was molding to her emotions. A tear slipped from her eyes to somewhere between their lips, and they tasted it together before he stopped.

His lips had barely parted from hers, just inches from her face. Her eyes weren't open but she could feel the air around them change as he smiled. Her eyes fluttered open to find she was right.

"I love you," she breathed, feeling dizzy with emotions, suddenly feeling like her wedding day had just been a happy blur, finding difficulty in picking out specifics.

She tilted her chin up to kiss him again and this time, they held their lips together for a long time until separating, both with sated smiles.

"Okay," Jim whispered, "what's in that book?"

She shot him a dizzy smile and opened the front cover slowly. "First, put this in the DVD player." She pulled a disc out of the sleeve inserted before the first page and handed it to him as he climbed off the bed.

"Ooh, the room comes with a DVD player..." he mused as he stuck the disc into it and pushed it shut. "Pam, there's an xbox over here."

"Seriously?" she asked with raised eyebrows.

"No joke," he said, climbing back into bed with her and grabbing the remote from the nightstand. "So once we get tired of, you know, honeymoon festivities, you can kick my ass with some Madden."

She chuckled. "I still can't decide if you let me win or if you really lose to a girl every time."

He patted her thigh and squinted as he used the remote to turn on the television and waited for the DVD player to come to life.

"Oh, no, Pam," he said, pointing at her as he glanced her way. "You're just freakishly good."

She shrugged with a smile and took the remote from him.

"Okay, this is the first gift we're opening," she said as she tapped the book with her fingers. "Guess who it's from."

He shrugged. "Parents?"

She shook her head. "Documentary crew." She flipped to the front pages that warned her not to read ahead, and offered them both a pile of "Congratulations!" and "Look how far you guys have come!" There was a few pages full of names from the crew, most of the people they'd barely talked to over the last six years, but had seen nearly everyday.

"No way," he whispered, looking over all the names. "Well that's cool. What is it?"

She turned another page that explained the gift, complete with a large "stop" sign graphic at the end of the page. "It's a DVD. We're supposed to follow it with the book..." She handed him the remote. "So, when the menu comes up -- there -- just select the different numbers that go with the page numbers and I guess... We watch and read. Or something."

"Mmkay," he said thoughtfully, "Starting with page one..."

The screen is black and gradually fades to Kevin sitting in the conference room, the index card taped to his forehead, "Italian" scrawled on the front.

They both snorted.

"Oh," Jim said softly, remembering suddenly. "Hey..."

"Maybe some spaghetti," Kevin says in a tune, hardly Italian. The camera is swinging over to catch the two of them, Jim's body angled towards hers, already pressed against her arm, as she lays her head upon his shoulder.

She nestles her face against his shirt slightly, her lips barely parted. Jim starts, and tips his head over to catch a glimpse of her face. As Michael insults Stanley, Jim carefully rolls back and a subtle smile is taking over his face before he can help it, his breathing slow and measured.


Pam squeezed his hand resting on her thigh.

The camera zooms in on Jim looking gone, completely enthralled with her as she rests against him, there in the conference room.

He remembered exactly how it felt when Michael had stood up, the "meeting" coming to a close, and he had no idea what to do with the angel sleeping on his shoulder.

His eyes dart suddenly towards his coworkers leaving the room. And they're all gone before he notices the camera is waiting for his next move.

"Um," he says, his voice hardly with him, "Hey. Hey, we can go."

Her eyes slowly open and she looks around, smiles sheepishly before picking up her things.

"That's fine," he whispers.

She puts her hand in knee and pushes herself up, walks out of the room. Jim hesitates, then follows her.

"Not a bad day," he concludes, grinning.


The screen went to black again, then back to the numbers to choose from.

"Jim," she whimpered, looking up at him.

He leaned forward to brush his lips over hers again. "God, that killed me," he said, shaking his head. "Look at how young we looked back then."

He rewound to her face angled into his shoulder.

"Look at my hair," she said quietly, giggling and spreading her hand over her abdomen. "Jim, look at your smile..."

He nodded, grinning as he touched her hand. "I can't believe that was, like, five years ago."

"Yeah," she said in amazement, looking down at her belly again. She wondered absently when she would feel a kick for the first time, and she smiled at the thought.

"Should we keep going?" he asked gently, spelling her name with his finger on the back of her hand.

"Hold on, the page in the book--" She flipped through it. "God, my feet hurt," she mused before she stopped in the book. She read, " 'This sold us on you guys. We had to keep a close eye on you two from there on out. A bold move, in a sense, because the network waited for us to catch you guys together all the time. Little did we know it would be a long journey. We didn't even know if anything would ever happen. But we had a lot of faith in you guys. Some of us are still saps when we see this image.' " Her breath caught as she continued. 'Crazy to think how far you two have come. Keep going!' "

"Ugh, Jim," Pam said, laughing at how pathetic she sounded. Her thumb swiped a tear away from her cheek. "Look at us. I can't believe this is all... Wow, what a gift. I wonder if they knew we were registered?"

She giggled as she looked up to see his eyes, serious but lit up at the sight of her. She stretched her aching toes toward the foot of the bed as he put the remote down.

"Give me those feet," he said, his shoulders carefully rising and falling with a sigh.

She just smiled and settled her legs into his lap. He carefully slipped her shoes off, marveling at his fiancee's -- no, his wife's -- strength in staying in heels all day while also carrying her new extra weight. around her middle. She sighed appreciatively once the shoes were off and stretched her feet again.

He bunched up the fabric to settle it around her knees, running his hands up and down her smooth calves, cupping her heels in his hands as she closed her eyes, her mouth sliding into a pout -- too adorable, he thought.

"That feels perfect," she said quietly. He worked his palms and fingers over her feet, kneading the skin and applying pressure in the right places. She sighed again and dropped her head further into the pillows.

He could still feel the champagne through his veins, just everywhere as he grabbed her hands suddenly and pulled her up. Her head lolled back, making her look graceful, beautiful as she surrendered and let him pull her into his lap. He cradled her against him, arms wrapped tightly around her before he let his eyes close, her scent all around him.

She could feel the skin of his forearms around her, him having let his jacket go hours ago. The sleeves were pushed up close to his elbows, and the look made her giddy with familiarity.

"There's so many of these," he said, pointing to the screen with the remote, "Let's save some for some other days while we're here."

She nodded, reaching up to touch his chin, smiling at the stubble beginning there. She pulled his face against hers and met him in a kiss that made her sit up further.

"No one's ever smiled at me like that," she said, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing his cheek.

Her skirt traveled further up her thighs, a mass of the material sitting and flowing between them.

"That's what you do to me," he shrugged, giving in. "You turn me into a huge wuss, make me shed my macho man exterior..."

They chuckled breathlessly, their eyes flicking back to the others' again at the same moment.

The look in his eyes; she inhaled.






----------



I'm not sure if I'll continue this or not. It depends on how giddy I am tomorrow after this wedding I'm going to. ;) I felt like I had to write something because I have something else in line for something totally different and it was just too angsty to put up here, in light of the upcoming events.

Let me know if you liked. And also, what other moments you would want to have them see. =)


yanana is the author of 39 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 13 members. Members who liked the Honeymoon Gift also liked 2479 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans