- Text Size +
Disclaimer: Nothing's miiiiine.


-----------






I laugh like an idiot, feeling everything fall off my shoulders and I feel a hundred pounds lighter when I reach for her face. I poke her little blackened nose.

She smiles this radiant smile that's full of light and it makes me want to die, I'm so happy in this moment. Drinking makes you feel like you're always sitting close to the person next to you, but being in love with someone who has a fiance makes you feel miles away from them all the time. So this... this is great.

Holy shit, I think again. What the hell just happened to my life in the last two minutes?

I hold up my finger and smirk, showing her the smudge of black left from her nose. I miss touching her already... You know how things linger when you're drunk? When she looks at my finger and is still just smiling, the clearest memory I have of my entire life right now is how warm the tip of her nose was.

She's clumsy as she puts one hand on the table and another on the back of the booth, on either side of me and juts forward to press her nose to mine, laughing the entire time. She's a dork. She's adorable and fucking perfect. When she pulls back, her nose is smudged, the face paint or ink or whatever the hell it is dashing up the bridge of her nose, her makeshift whiskers blurred against her red cheeks. She looks at my nose and giggles a little before biting her lip.

I'm turned towards her already, and she still has her hands on either side of me as she rests on her knees. I feel like I'm brand new at this, like I've never touched or kissed a girl before. Oh god, I'm about to kiss her, she's literally waiting for me to do that. Her lips part and she's breathing through them like Come on and I can't believe that twenty-four hours ago twenty-four minutes ago five minutes ago I was almost hating my life.

I gently rest my hands on her waist, still feeling her warm through the black sweater she wears and pull up. It's just about the prettiest, sexiest, most amazing thing that's ever happened to me. Her hair falling in a curtain all around me as she lowers her lips to mine and I push up. This is a real kiss, not like the Dundies and not anything like last night. I've imagined the kind of kisser she would be so many times, but I'm not thinking about that now, I just let it happen.

She's the kind of kisser that presses her lips into mine and stretches them into a smile before diving back in again. She's the type that lets her lips fall open and come back together in long, slow, agonizingly beautiful strides that I can barely keep up with, I'm so turned on and happy and surprised.

Her tongue is soft when I finally feel it, and she wraps her arms around me. It's a little miscalculated and she falls into me, so I have to grab onto the table to keep us upright. We just laugh and I kiss her some more, tugging on the sides of her sweater. I reach around and grip her stupid black tail and she shrieks into our kiss.

Her hands push up into my hair, fingers spreading through it and grazing from my ears to meet in the back of my head. I groan because it feels like my life is brand new and ten times better than it was... ever, and I don't know what to do except run my fingers up and down her back. I press them into her firmly, and it almost makes me shake when I realize that I'm getting to know her body. I've hugged her as a friend, what, maybe three times? I'm understanding her shape, her form, the way she feels now...

She pulls apart, and the sound our lips make when the kiss ends is something I'll never forget. Her hands trail down from behind my head to the sides of my face, her fingers almost tickling my cheeks. Our smiles burn our faces, our eyes looking at every facet of each other, just because we finally can.

I don't want her to think I'm going to take her home and try to fuck her. I don't want her to ever feel like that, but I want to get out of here. I don't want one of our coworkers -- the Sith lord, any of the cats, whatever -- to see us like this and talk.

I run my hands up and down her arms, capping her shoulders lightly.

"Hey, do you --"

She leans in and a new clumsy kiss falls against my lips. That one is more like the one from Chili's. Only it's so better.

She smiles that funny smile that says "oops" and composes herself. "Sorry."

I chuckle and look down, gripping her hands now. Not a single ring on any of those fingers. Who would've thought...

"Do you want to get out of here?" I ask, one eyebrow cocked. Wait, where is she even staying if she and Roy are -- "Wait, where are you staying?"

"A hotel."

"Do you want me to take you back there? I mean, I was going to call a cab, I don't think I can drive..."

"Yeah," she says.

"Or we could go to my place, I mean, well --" See, I don't want her to think I'm scum, okay? I don't want her to think that's what this is. "Not like that, I just, I just want to spend time with you. I'm not trying to be that guy, I promise. You know--"

"Yeah," she shakes her head and then nods, up and down, furiously and that awesome, wide grin on her face again kills me.

"Really?"

"Yeah, let's go, let's go," she says, searching for all of her stuff. "Is my coat in your car?"

"Yes," I say, stressing the 's' sound at the end, as I remember that moment, first feeling her hand tug on mine. Feels like hours ago and seconds ago at the same time.

When we're walking away, I pull on her hand this time. Please let this be real is all I can think.

"Are you sure? Pam, I'm not going to take you home to..." Whoa, that's awkward, even in this state of mind, while we wait for the cab. "You know that right?"

She nods and closes her eyes. "Yes," she says in that way that says, "you're a nice boy" or something like that.

"You know what, maybe we can just drop you off at the hotel --"

Her hands pull me down again and we're kissing and I'm trying to keep up, clutching onto the sides of her face and pressing pushing pulling my lips over and across hers.

"You're already trying to get rid of me?" she asks, that funny, amazing, beautiful, gorgeous, I've loved her from the first day I met her smile grazing her face...

I'm never leaving you.


----------


That's it! I know, it probably went a little too smoothly for Pam and Jim in this one, but eh, I don't care. They're good kids, they deserved it. ;) A girl loves feed back!


yanana is the author of 39 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 13 members. Members who liked I'd Have to Blow My Brains Out also liked 2678 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans