- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So first of all I want to say that I am so grateful that everyone's been so kind. I have published stuff in the past and they've been really mean and I know its the Internet and stuff but I really liked what I wrote. After not writing for so long, I cannot believe I wrote 5k words in like a day. Its bananas. This may be the last chapter. If I get more inspiration I may continue with an actual relationship talk or something. Also the conversations between other characters of the show, I tried really hard to imagine what they would say in the moment. I like to think I succeeded. Also if you read my story before I realize that the font was super tiny. I am sooo sorry about that. I have posted stuff other places which formats the text so all posted stories are the same. Maybe its because I didn't upload because it doesn't recognize my app I use for documents (I have a Mac so I don't have Word at the moment.) I apologize for that. I read through this a few times after I finished this last night and I feel pretty good about it. So enjoy. And I did get a jellybean which made me squee. Thank you so much :) 

“Attention Dunder Mifflin employees.” Michael exclaimed happily as he came out of his office. “I have an announcement to make.” Everyone groaned. “Hey, hey! None of that!” He clapped his hands together. “Everyone is required to attend a celebration dinner tonight! To re-welcome old and new members of the Dunder Mifflin family!” 


“Michael…” Pam groaned. 


“None of that, Pamela. You don’t have a boyfriend, or a cat. I don’t even know if you like cats…” Michael looked contemplative. 


“I don’t…” Pam deadpanned. Angela scoffed angrily. Pam rolled her eyes. 


“Therefore, you have no reason not to go! Everyone else it is required, even you Stanley. Free food. Be there or be square! Just kidding, I’ll fire you if you don’t come…” Toby sighed.


“Michael, you can’t fire someone for not coming to a party…” He started. 


“God Toby! You’re invited too, so stop being such a downer. I’m including you.” Toby looked down. 


“Fine.” 


Toby looked at the camera. “I’m being included for once. It might be worth the paperwork…” He looked away. “Maybe not…” He turned to leave. 



Everyone gathered at the local restaurant and they all shuffled in to the banquet room to hold them all. Kelly clutching onto Ryan’s arm. Ryan sighing before unwrapping his arm from his grip to put around her reluctantly, Kelly looking up to beam at him. He hid a smile. Stanley ignoring everyone to do his crossword puzzle that he carried with him everywhere. 


“Oh its so great that everyone’s together again!” Phyllis sighed. 


“Fact: Everyone that was supposed to be in Scranton was. Fact: Anyone that left is AWOL. Fact: I will ignore them.” Dwight coldly stated. Jim looked at Pam who was seated next to him. 


“Dwight…” Pam started. 


“Fact: I don’t care.” Dwight sniffed. 


“I missed you too, Dwight.” Jim smiled disarmingly. 


“Pam may fall for the smiles but I will not.” Dwight looked at the server. “Do you have beets? Local preferably. Perhaps from Schrute Farms?” 


“We outsource our beet purchases, Sir.” Dwight looked outrageously offended. 


“Michael!” He yelled. 


“Dwight, calm down. We’re having a nice dinner. Any beets are fine.” He assured the waitstaff. “He’s just very passionate about local farms.” He dimpled at them. 


Pam laughed under her breath. Jim leaned and whispered in her ear, “Did I miss anything interesting when I left?”


“Just everyone’s usual nonsense. Angela’s cat, Sprinkles, is sick so that’s the latest.” 


“Ah. So is Angela mad at you?” Angela glared at Pam the whole way through the dinner so far. 


“She found out I don’t go to church… so now I’m the devil.” She snickered. “I’ve been getting the cold shoulder ever since…” She trailed off, saw who she was talking to and then stopped. 


“What?” He asked. She shook her head. 


“Sorry. About my previous relationship, the place where the regrettable union was about to take place didn’t coincide with her views.” Ah. She didn’t want to talk about Roy with him. He was totally fine with that. Angela overheard them and scoffed.


“She!” Angela exclaimed, pointing a damning finger at Pam. “Wanted to have a harlot wedding without a Minister! A Justice of the Peace! No church! No vows of eternity! You will rot in Hell with the Devil, Pam! It makes me sick!” She spat. Pam sighed, casting her eyes upwards. 


“Angela. I told you I didn’t want to marry him so what does it matter what plans fell through. We can still be friends even if we have different beliefs.”


“Well, maybe I don’t want to be friends…” Angela pouted slightly. 


“And besides…When I actually get married, I promise it will be in a church. I think you’re just upset I returned the cat salt shakers. I would have kept them, Angela, I swear, I really liked them! I just didn’t feel right taking them when I didn’t actually get married and they were a wedding gift.” Angela softened minutely. 


“Well, what am I supposed to do with two sets of salt shakers, Pam? Did you think about that?” 


“Angela, how about you give them to me as an apartment warming gift. I don’t have a set of salt shakers in my apartment.” Angela gave a small smile. 


“I will bring them in on Monday.”


“Great.” Pam smiled. Toby leaned in from down the table. 


“Great conflict resolution everyone.” Toby smiled. 


“Toby! God! We’re not working, don’t be a drag!” Michael exclaimed. 


Jim laughed. Pam leaned in. “Just like old times, huh?” Karen smiled from down the table. Jim looked down at her. He moved his arm from his lap and laid it across her shoulders. She looked up at him. 


“Not quite.” She smiled shyly and she wrapped his forearms around her neck and gave his arm a tight hug. He brought her closer and pecked her forehead, sweetly. She beamed up at him. 


Phyllis smiled. “Oh I knew you two would be perfect for each other.” She sighed, holding her hand to her chest. 


“Thank you, Phyllis.” Jim answered. 



Laughs were abound and stories were told as Karen and Andy got used to the new people. 


“So Big Tuna, who’s this lovely specimen?” Andy leered slightly at her. Jim, who doesn’t really give mean looks, gave him a slight glare. Andy held up his hands in surrender. Pam put her hand on his leg and squeezed. 


“Hi Andy. I’m Pam Beesly. Receptionist.” She smiled at him.

“Andrew Bernard. Andy for short. Also termed the Nard Dog. I must be called that.” 


“No, he doesn’t.” “Don’t call him that, Pam.” Karen and Jim said at the same time. Pam laughed. 


“Andy it is.” Andy pouted. 



Dinner was wrapping up and Jim whispered in her ear. “Can I walk you to your car?” She nodded and gathered her coat and purse and said goodbye to everyone. They waved and giggled as the good food and wine got to everyone. Dwight and Angela made sure no one got past one drink though. Just enough to make everyone giggly. 


Pam and Jim walked silently to her car. He peeked at her and she was biting her lip. They reached her car. He turned and faced her. She smiled up at him. 


“Thanks, Jim.” She smiled and went to turn to unlock her car and he stopped her and spun her towards him and took her face in his hands and fiercely kissed her. She immediately responded and wrapped her arms around his neck and went on her tippy toes. 


He was engulfed in her scent and it brought him back to Casino Night when his heart was broken. He should have been prepared for it. But it got him here. She needed a push. And she got one. She reached out to him and they were here. And this kiss would have a different ending. He pulled back. Her eyes were dilated and her lips were puffy. He smiled down at her. He opened his mouth and was interrupted by clapping and hooting and hollering from their coworkers. 


“Oh God.” She muttered, embarrassed, hiding her blushing face in her hands. He looked upwards, embarrassed as well. She peeked her face out of her hands. “Do you want to follow me back to my apartment? We could talk or watch a movie or something?” 


“I’d love that.” He smiled at her. She smiled. 


“Great.”



They soon arrived at her apartment and she let them in and he just thought, yep this is Pam. The coffee table was covered in drawings, a tea mug on the coffee table next to the remote and various art that she was proud of displayed on the walls. 


“Wow Beesly, very you.” She laughed nervously. 


“Thank you, Jim.” She smiled demurely. “I’m going to get changed, I’ll be out in a second. Make yourself comfortable.” She gestured to the overstuffed couch with a couple pillows and and thick blanket thrown over the back of the couch. He toed off his shoes as she went into the bedroom and closed the door with a soft click. She emerged a couple minutes later with a stack of clothes that looked very familiar. Wait a second…


“So…” She laughed nervously. “I may or may not have liberated your extra pair of basketball clothes that you hid in the bottom drawer of your desk. I may or may not have slept in your shirt, don’t judge me.” She handed the stack of clothes. He took the shirt and sniffed it and smells her unique scent of vanilla, paper and just Pam. 


“That’s gotta be the hottest or cutest thing I’ve ever heard in my life. Or both.” She blushed. 


“It could also be pathetic.” She mumbled. 


“Nah.” He smiled at her. He leaned in and kissed her deeply. “Oh by the way, Beesly, I got your email.” She looked up at him. 


“Oh, yeah?” 


“Yeah…What were you thinking with the Yaris? You know we get snow here, right? Totally unsafe. Those things blow off the road!” She giggled, the tension broken.


“Well, I guess I have a boyfriend now who has a nice dependable Corolla to help me get to work then.” She looked down. 


“Yes you do, Pamela Morgan Beesly. I wouldn’t have anyone else be my partner in crime.” She looked up and beamed at him.


This was the start of something great.


Fin. Maybe.

Chapter End Notes:

So I totally don't have anything against Yaris'. I live in New England and I always make fun of the "Cali Cars" as I call them. I drive nice dependable heavy cars. I feel PA would be the same. Maybe. Also I had a completely different chapter but I accidentally deleted it and started over. But I think I like this better than what I had. 

 

Toodles! 



Identitytheftisntajokejim is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Scranton versus Stamford also liked 454 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans