7 [Reviews - 3] Printer ePub eBook
Summary: Inspired by the feature-length film Threat Level Midnight
He's a criminal with a face of gold.
    She's a hotdog vender with a heart of gold.
What will happen when their paths cross again?
Rated: T
Categories: Other Characters: None
Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: No Warnings Apply
Series: Episode Relateds
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 1010 Read: 2034 ePub Downloads: 0
Published: November 06, 2020 Updated: November 06, 2020
[Report This]
Story Notes:

DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Threat Level Midnight: Epilogue by 3vasectomies [Reviews - 3] 7 (1010 words)

I’m gonna be honest here people: This isn’t a JAM fic or even an Office fic.  This fic is about one of the greatest achievements in cinema, Threat Level Midnight (dir. Michael Scott, 2011).

As a cinephile with a minor in Screenwriting who has taken various film courses, never in my life have I seen a film come CLOSE to the impact this one had on me.

Scott takes everything you ever knew about movies and flips it on its head.  All the characters, even the minor ones, are fleshed out and nuanced; the set design is unlike anything ever scene before or since; the dialogue is so well written and feels natural.  The performances are staggeringly good and you can tell these actors became their characters once the cameras started rolling.

Comedy.  Tragedy.  Drama.  Suspense.  Romance.  Horror.  This film goes beyond the binaries of these film genres and pulls off something completely new.  Trust me, I’ve seen a lot of films from critically acclaimed directors, and yet this film CONSTANTLY gets snubbed.  I have lost all respect for the Academy.

The best part?  Someone managed to find the film and upload it on YouTube!  Yeah, you can watch this masterpiece for free!  I’ll provide you the link.  You’re Welcome.