- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I made these folks up, of course. I know nothing about how a documentary crew would work, so forgive any lapses. This is for belsum, who liked the idea!
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

I. Joe

Joe was quiet. He had a shy smile and his hands looked so capable as he worked the recording equipment. Meredith didn't mind the cameras, but she'd never had much interest in doing the confessional segments until Joe came. Before she had even realized it, though, those few minutes in the empty office with Joe had become the best part of her day. He was so easy to talk to (and yes, she realized that was his job, to get her to talk, but still...). One day she thought she saw a flash of something- concern? disappointment?- in his eye when she was talking about the tiny flask she kept at her desk for really stressful days. She wanted to tell him that she hadn't had a really stressful work day since she'd started talking to him every day, but she didn't know how. So instead, she made sure the camera caught her throwing the flask out later that afternoon.

When he asked her if she had a date for the Phyllis and Bob Vance (Vance Refrigeration) wedding, it took her a minute to realize that the cameras weren't rolling. It turned out that Joe was only quiet professionally, and they talked about their kids and their mutual love of Eagles football. Meredith learned though the conversation that Joe loved fishing. She learned from experience that he was a great dancer and a great kisser. The only drink she had at the reception was the champagne to toast the bride.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans