News
2022-23 Dundie Awards!

After an unexpected hiatus, we're back with a special double-sized Dundie Awards!

We are holding the Dundies to honor all the best of MTT in 2022 and 2023. In addition to your favorite stories, we want to recognize your favorite authors, review writers, and everyone else with the special "create your own Dundies" award.

The Nomination form is open now, and we encourage you to fill the form out as much or as little as you'd like, or even submit multiple forms! Once we have our nominee list we'll vote on the Top Stories in multiple genres as well as the Top Overall Stories. Forget what was even published these last 2 years? Don't worry, we have a handy spreadsheet with every story posted in 2022 and 2023.

Dundies Nomination Form | Spreadsheet of Stories Posted/Updated in '22-'23

The deadline to submit your nominations is March 24, so get your nominations in today and keep an eye out for the voting forms!



--MTT Admins on February 09, 2024 02:24 pm 0 Comments
Tis the Season! (for Holiday Fics)
We're a mere month away from Christmas Eve and you know what that means: time for some Holiday Fics!
A similar but more casual take on the secret Santa Santa fic exchanges of the past, everyone is invited to submit some Holiday/Winter elements they'd like to see in a fic. Elements can be things like objects and activities associated with this time of year, a quote or a song lyrics, or even themes and plot points like Jim & Pam's first Christmas together or a Dunder Mifflin New Year's party etc.
Once we have a good variety of elements, we'll email/message any interested writers 5 elements with the challenge of including at least 3 in your fic (you also have the option of going Challenge mode, getting 8 elements and incorporating 5). The faster people submit elements the faster we can get a good list to send out to everyone so submit today!
Holiday Fic Submission/Sign-up form

--MTT Admins on November 24, 2023 09:37 am 0 Comments
Dundies and other news

The Dundies

It took a bit but the Dundies for last year are finally complete! Please check out the 2021 Dundies page for all the top stories, favorite moments, and the always entertaining Create Your Own Dundie awards!

Top Lists

The Top Lists are temporarily unavailable while we retool some of the parameters to improve them. Several sort options are available on the Titles Page if you are interested in looking at statistics like Most Reviews, Longest Word count etc. These sort options are available under the Most Recent/Alphabetical drop down.

Reminders on Multiple Accounts

At MTT we ask you do not create and use multiple accounts. If you are having issues accessing an account you already created or you want to change your penname, please contact the admins at MTT.Fanfic@gmail.com and detail your issue.

Anyone found to be creating multiple accounts (aka sockpuppet accounts) in order to inflate the review/rating numbers on their own or another user's stories or to gang up on/harass other members will face disciplinary action including possible deletion of submissions and temporary or permanent account suspension.



--MTT Admins on October 16, 2022 05:21 pm 1 Comments
The 2020 MTT Dundie Awards 🏆
stories/406/images/greatdundiesyear.jpg

"Well I've been kinda going through a rough patch. The whole year actually." This Michael Scott quote pretty much sums up 2020, but one silver lining to this sh*tstorm of a year is quarantine and lockdowns led to lots and lots of great fanfic with over 240 new and updated stories!

As we've done the last couple years, we asked the MTT community to name a few of their favorites in many categories, plus create some recognition for their fellow MTTers. And this year, our member more than answered the call, so much so we've create a whole separate page! For the sake of our homepage, in this news post we'll only announce the Top Voted Fics, for all other award please head to the 2020 MTT Dundie Awards Page .

Jump directly to these awards on the Dundies Page:

Top Voted Categories
Under The Radar
Favorite Moments in a Fic
Favorite Rereads/Discoveries
Favorite Authors
Breakout Authors
Favorite Genre Authors
Favorite Reviewers
Member-created Dundies

Top Voted Categories

This year we did things a little different and asked people to voted in a handful of categories. We'll start off with these voted categories, where we crowned a Top 15 Overall and Top 10 in the rest.

Favorite Fics Overall of 2020

Runner-Ups

Favorite Longer Fics (10k+ words)

Runner-ups

Favorite Shorter Fics (up to 10k words)

Runner-Ups

Favorite Fluff

Runner-ups:

Favorite Angst

Runner-ups

Favorite Steam

Runner-ups

Thank you all who voted in these categories!

And again, for the rest of the awards please head to our 2020 MTT Dundies Awards Page


--Dundies Committee on April 30, 2021 11:55 pm 2 Comments
Announcement: More Than That is now I Got Goosebumps!

It started with a look. It was a dark haired, hazel-eyed salesperson's first day at Dunder Mifflin Scranton. Two seconds around the branch manager and the decision to work here already seemed unwise. But a warm greeting from the reception desk made everything seem better. Her name was Pam, and with her honey curls, bright green eyes, soft laughter, the salesperson couldn't name it yet but it was a feeling like falling.

She bumbled a compliment about Pam's sweater, hoping she didn't sound as nervous as she felt. Pam innocently enough assumed Karen wanted her own cable-knit sweater but Karen was envisioning being wrapped up in that gray one with her.

TPam and Karen in Benihana Christmasheir spark was instant and undeniable, but their fate was sealed. Karen would be reduced to the angle of a love triangle, Pam would be denied the relationship she so needed and deserved. But what if there was a place they could live on, and become what there was so much potential to be?

We welcome you to "I Got Goosebumps", formerly "More Than That", the number one place for KaPam fanfiction. While for nearly 15 year our focus was on Jim and Pam, we felt it was time to move on and shift to this exciting couple that Jenna Fischer and Rashida Jones themselves called "adorable." So old friends and new lovers, welcome all to IGG!

~

~

~

Yes, IGG was for April Fool's of course, but there actually is some great KaPam stuff both old and new that we encourage you to read (and if you wanna set the mood you can read it in the KaPam theme )



--Admin Team on April 01, 2021 07:11 am 5 Comments
The 2019 MTT Dundie Awards 🏆

stories/406/images/greatdundiesyear.jpgWe closed out the 2010s with another fantastic year at the archive. We saw 125 new and updated stories in 2019 and with them many great quotes and swoonworthy moments. We asked our members to name a few of their favorites in several categories, as well as to show recognition to their fellow MTTers. So without further ado, The 2019 Dundies!

Favorite Overall Fanfics

  • A Dollar Short by Comfect
  • A Little Rough by MadiDavis
  • An Education by Kuri333
  • An Exercise in Courage and Honest by NobleLandMermaid
  • Another White Dash by JennaBennett
  • Begin Again by SprinklesTheCat
  • Beyond the Horizon by agian18
  • Christmas Visitors by Duchess Cupcake
  • Cosa Nostra by Coley
  • Drunk Me (Can't Get Over You) by agian18
  • Engaged Ain't Married by Donnamour1969
  • Gorgeous by SprinklesTheCat
  • Groundhog Nights by Comfect
  • Hello My Old Heart by Duchess Cupcake
  • Here's a Hypothetical by Mel Like Mellow
  • High Hopes by JennaBennett
  • Holiday Rendezvous by NobleLandMermaid
  • How Not To by agian18 
  • Journals of a Stay-at-Home-Dad by warrior4
  • Kind of Reckless by Coley 
  • Living In Color by JennaBennett
  • More (Than That) by celluloiddreams
  • More Than a Day, More Than a Word by NobleLandMermaid
  • Morning After by Comfect
  • My Office Gave To Me by warrior4
  • Nice Morning Too by MadiDavis
  • Office Space by Comfect
  • Perfect Mess by JennaBennett
  • Restart by agian18 
  • Ruin the Friendship by Duchess Cupcake
  • Safe and Sound by NobleLandMermaid
  • Say Something (I'm Not Giving Up On You) by agian18
  • Serendipity by Sam
  • Skin and Chips by Kuri333
  • Snaps by agian18 
  • Stilettos and Broken Bottles (Spinning Around in Circles) by Coley
  • The Unflinchingly Rigid Rules of Jinx by Kuri333
  • This Thing Called Life by warrior4
  • This Year by JennaBennett
  • Trick me, treat me by Coley
  • Unwrapped by Coley
  • Valentine's Fairy Godfather by Kuri333
  • V-J Day by Comfect
  • When Pam Met Jim by Donnamour1969
  • Wishin' and Hopin' by Coley 
  • You Me and the Sea by JennaBennett

Favorite Longer Fics (10k+ Words)

  • All Along it was a Fever by SprinklesTheCat
  • Beyond the Horizon by agian18
  • Cosa Nostra by Coley
  • Crazy Night in Philly by misery crush
  • Engaged Ain't Married by Donnamour1969
  • Groundhog Nights by Comfect 
  • Hello My Old Heart by Duchess Cupcake
  • Here's a Hypothetical by Mel Like Mellow
  • How Not To by agian18
  • Kind of Reckless by Coley 
  • Living in Color by Jenna Bennet 
  • More Than a Day, More Than a Word by NobleLandMermaid
  • Notices by Comfect
  • Office Space by Comfect
  • Restart by agian18
  • Ruin the Friendship by Duchess Cupcake
  • Safe and Sound by NobleLandMermaid
  • Serendipity by Sam
  • Slow by agian18
  • Stilettos and Broken Bottles by Coley
  • The Romantic History of Jim Halpert by SprinklestheCat
  • This Thing Called Life by warrior4
  • Unwrapped by Coley 
  • Waiting in the Sun by WishYouWould
  • When Pam Met Jim by Donnamour1969
  • Wishin' & Hopin' by Coley
  • You, Me and the Sea by JennaBennett

Favorite Shorter Fics/Oneshots (less than 10k words)

  • A Little Rough by MadiDavis
  • A Yoghurt Lid by impreciseotto
  • An Exercise in Courage and Honesty by NobleLandMermaid
  • And the World Turned by agian18
  • Another White Dash by JennaBennett
  • Begin Again by SprinklesTheCat
  • Chaotic Christmas by Coley
  • Christmas Morning by Donnamour1969
  • Drunk Me (Can’t Get Over You) by again18
  • High Hopes by JennaBennett
  • I heard your heart say love love love by JennaBennett
  • Morning After by Comfect
  • New Year's Eve by Donnamour1969
  • Nice Morning Too by MadiDavis
  • Perfect Mess by JennaBennett
  • Say Something (I'm Not Giving Up On You) by agian18
  • Second Place is just First Loser by Duchess Cupcake
  • Skin and Chips by Kuri333
  • Slow Dancing in a Burning Room by JennaBennett
  • Snaps by agian18
  • The unflinchingly rigid rules of jinx by Kuri333
  • This Year by JennaBennett
  • Trick You Treat Me by Coley
  • Valentine's Fairy Godfather by Kuri333

Favorite Fluffy Fanfics

  • Begin Again by SprinklesTheCat 
  • Drunk Me (Can’t Get Over You) by agian18
  • Gorgeous by SprinklesTheCat
  • The Falls by warrior4
  • The Unflinchingly Rigid Rules of Jinx by Kuri333
  • This Thing Called Life (at the start and end) by warrior4
  • Valentine's Fairy Godfather by Kuri333
  • V-J Day by Comfect
  • Wishin' and Hopin' by Coley
  • You, Me and the Sea by JennaBennett 

Favorite Angsty Fanfics

  • A Little Rough by MadiDavis
  • An Exercise in Courage and Honesty by NobleLandMermaid
  • Beyond the Horizon by agian18
  • Hello My Old Heart by Duchess Cupcake
  • How Not To by again18
  • Living in Color by JennaBennett
  • Restart by agian18
  • Ruin the Friendship by Duchess Cupcake 
  • Safe and Sound by NobleLandMermaid
  • Serendipity by Sam
  • Stilettos and Broken Bottles by Coley 
  • Unwrapped by Coley

Favorite Steamy Fanfic

  • Discovery by SprinklesTheCat
  • Kind of Reckless by Coley
  • Nice Morning Too by MadiDavis
  • Ruin the Friendship by Duchess Cupcake
  • Safe and Sound by NobleLandMermaid
  • Slow by agian18
  • Snaps by agian18
  • Stilettos and Broken Bottles by Coley
  • The Twelve Days of Smutmus by agian18, Coley, Duchess Cupcake
  • Trick Me Treat Me by Coley 
  • Unwrapped by Coley

Favorite “Under the Radar” Fanfics
go show these and every fic you enjoy some love by reviewing and leaving jellybeans!

  • A Little Rough by MadiDavis
  • An Exercise in Courage and Honesty by NobleLandMermaid
  • Begin Again by SprinklesTheCat
  • Chaotic Christmas by Coley 
  • Christmas Morning/New Year's Eve by Donnamour1969
  • High Hopes by Jenna Bennett
  • I heard your heart say love love love by JennaBennett
  • Say Something (I'm Not Giving Up On You) by agian18
  • Second Place is just First Loser by Duchess Cupcake
  • Through the Door by Awimoweh
  • Trick Me Treat Me by Coley

Favorite Moment in a Fanfic

Cosa Nostra by Coley - Pam adding, “do not fall in love,” to the list in the most rom-com trope-y move of all time

Groundhog Nights by Comfect - Karen getting hit by a truck but then is fine the next day

Hello my Old Heart by Duchess Cupcake - when Jim shows Pam his online profile. When she asks him when he became so fuckable. Jim's Raya account and Pam introducing Jim and Danny to each other

How Not To by again18: “Hi,” I started, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. “My name is Pam Beesly. I’m an alcoholic. And I really, really don’t want to be one anymore.” and then she and Jim pour out their bottle of booze

I Heard Your Heart Say Love, Love, Love by JennaBennett - Michael holding the Team Pam sign in the window

Kind of Reckless by Coley - for burning the image of farmer Jim into my mind

Morning After by Comfect - Cutest Larisa Halpert

Office Space by Comfect - "And apparently he had mastered the art of talking and drinking through the same mouth at the same time (reportedly an ability they had gene-engineered into the inhabitants of Omicron Perseii VIII,"

Perfect Mess by JennaBennett - Kevin's protecting Pam from Roy

Ruin the Friendship by Duchess Cupcake - Pam and Jim finally hooking up again, Pam thinking about buying Katy a peace lily 

Serendipity by Sam - Jim proposed Pam, Jim and Pam's wedding night

Sing Gloria by warrior4 - The most references to RL in any fic ever

Snaps by again - the moment it was published, “Come back here and f*** me like a real man", Pam daring Jim to come back and f*** her like a real man AND THEN his follow through, and did I mention Snaps? Just... all of Snaps.

Stilettos and Broken Bottles - Every word … Don't make me pick just one moment there

Unwrapped by Coley: “Can I kiss you?”, when it was finally updated after that Cliffhanger kiss

When Pam Met Jim by Donnamour1969: Pam and Jim dancing at Micheal's mother's birthday party

Favorite Reread/Discoveries of 2019

  • Cardiac Care by VampiricBlood
  • Error Code by Comfect
  • Fathers and Daughters, Women and Men by Stablergirl
  • I Know Where I Belong by callisto
  • I just wanted to be Famous by stablergirl
  • Layover by Annabel Winslow
  • My True Love Gave to Me by time4moxie
  • Observer Effect by GodInThisChilis
  • One Week After by NobleLandMermaid
  • Onterio by Talkative (especially in honor of Jim and Pam’s 10th wedding anniversary!)
  • Open by Annabel Winslow
  • Oracle Mom by time4moxie
  • Out of the Fog by Kat11
  • Real and Imagined by shutterbug
  • S-E-A-M by nomadshan
  • Shift by thirtypercent
  • Sneak Preview by Peskipiksi
  • Some Mornings by Duchess Cupcake
  • Taking a Chance by callisto
  • Talk by Annabel Winslow
  • The Best Dundies Ever by shan21
  • The Boy Next Door by onlyonekitchen
  • The Distance and the Damage by unfold
  • The Love Song of Squirrel McPants by time4moxie
  • The Paper Bride by nomadshan
  • The Trip by Little Comment 
  • Truth and Consequences by shan21
  • Vanilla by Annabel Winslow
  • Visibility by callisto
  • Would you Still Love Me by Italian Food

Favorite Authors

  • Agian18
  • Celluloiddreams
  • Coley
  • Comfect
  • Dernhelm
  • Donnamour1969
  • Duchess Cupcake
  • JennaBennett
  • Kuri333
  • MadiDavis
  • NobleLandMermaid
  • Sam
  • SprinklesTheCat
  • warrior4

Most Improved Authors

  • Coley
  • Donnamour1969
  • Duchess Cupcake “for writing the smuts!” “Obsessed with everything she writes, but entering the world of smut with a threesome is just so Dundie-worthy.” 
  • JennaBennett
  • Sprinkles the Cat

Favorite Reviewers

  • agian18
  • BecauseOfYou
  • Coley
  • Comfect
  • Duchess Cupcake
  • ftmill18
  • JennaBennet
  • Kuri333
  • Merria
  • NobleLandMermaid
  • SprinklesTheCat
  • warrior4 (the most prolific of all reviewers!)

Member-created Dundies

Story Related

  • The most bittersweet story of the year - 'An education' by Kuri333
  • Most random object to be Jell-O-ed - Pam’s stun gun in Coley's Cosa Nostra
  • Best unfinished - Hello my Old Heart by Duchess Cupcake
  • Regency JAM - Dernhelm’s great Austen inspired “Pamela or a tale of patience and persistence”
  • Give the people what they want - agian18 for Snaps
  • Best Follow-Through After Being Harrassed For All of 2019 - Agian18, for finally giving us the bodysuit fic.
  • The “I didn’t want to like it but the writing was too damn good” award - Pam and Ryan’s bodyshots and hook-up scenes in Stilettos and Broken Bottles by Coley
  • Best sex scene: Pam and Jim in the bathroom in Stilettos and Broken Bottles by Coley
  • Best Threesome: Coley, again18, and Duchess Cupcake for The Twelve Days of Smutmas

Member Related

  • Juggler of the Year: agian18 for managing to keep so many fics going and actually finish them.
  • Queen of Porn with Plot or Smut that makes you Think - agian18
  • Always Comes Through with the FicPic, or just a really pretty picture of JKras when you need one - Ava
  • Queen of Inspiration on Demand - Ava
  • Queen of Holiday Fanfic - Coley
  • Queen of the Most Memorable & Quotable Moments in Fanfic - Coley
  • Inspiration of the year - Comfect
  • Breakout star - Donnamour1969 for joining late in the year but still posting 5 fics in that time and earning several noms for fav fic and fav author in that time 
  • Most on point at depicting female friendships - Duchess Cupcake
  • Special Achievements in Angst - Duchess Cupcake for both Hello My Old Heart and Ruin the Friendship
  • Dundie for defying the odds & creating the most likable versions of Karen: everything Duchess Cupcake writes
  • Biggest Twitter Flan - emxgoldstars for always being the first to like MTT tweets!
  • The Lurkers, for those who don't write but are still part of the fun: HonestandCourageous, Merria, HeyItsRachiiee
  • Best use of secondary characters in fic - JennaBennett
  • Support and guiding star - JennaBennet
  • The Thunda' from Down Unda - JennaBennett
  • The "Leaving Us Wanting More" Award - MadiDavid for dropping 3 great fics last February then disappearing! (go read and review their fics, maybe they'll come back!)
  • JAM Historian - NobleLandMermaid
  • Lifetime Achievement: NobleLandMermaid for somehow still producing quality content year after year
  • MVIP (Most Very Important Person): NobleLandMermaid, for putting up with all of us, keeping everything running so smoothly, being an amazing writer, and just being the best.
  • “Member Sweep" Dundie - SprinklestheCat for being nominated for fav author, most improved author and fav reviewer
  • King of Reviews - warrior4 for being by far the most prolific reviewer last year, and for writing thoughtful thorough reviews with plenty of praise but also kind constructive criticism
  • Most unapologetic guilt trips given: Duchess Cupcake, Agian18, and JennaBennett; who won't just let me live.
Thank you everyone for your nominations, your patience as this list was complied, and for just making MTT a great place to be!


--Admin Team on May 01, 2020 12:49 am 0 Comments
2019-20 Hosting FunRaiser

July 9th marks 13 years of MTT online, officially a teenager! And if you were hoping to get us something for our birthday, we have good news, our annual hosting funraiser is on now!

Funraiser 2019

Our readers are the biggest reason we have been online this long and we again humbly ask for your support. Anything you can contribute is highly appreciated, and contributions of $10+ will earn you a small gift with PBnJ fanart. Full details on our funraiser can be found here .

If you want to help support the site AND buy yourself or a friend some sweet JAM merch, you can get prints, tote bags, mugs, phone cases and lots more at Ladama's RedBubble shop . Half of her July + August proceeds will go to the MTT hosting pot.



--Admin Team on July 10, 2019 01:36 pm 1 Comments
The 2018 MTT Dundie Awards 🏆

Long ago we asked our users to nominate stories and MTT members for for 2018 Dundie awards! Now that we’re halfway through the year, let’s go back in time and remember some of the best of 2018 (totally not because someone didn’t get their act together for 6 months! 😆)

And now the 2018 MoreThanThat Dundie Awards!

Favorite Overall Fanfics

  • After It Airs by Steph 
  • Always One Foot on the Ground by Coley 
  • Anywhere But Here by NobleLandMermaid
  • Crazy Night in Philly by misery crush
  • Invincible Summer by shutterbug
  • Letters, Numbers, and the Spaces Between by BigTuna
  • One Week After by NobleLandMermaid
  • Practical Magic by Coley
  • Restart by again18
  • Safe and Sound by NobleLandMermaid
  • Slow by agian18 
  • Sociology 101 by BigTuna
  • Stay and Fight by BigTuna
  • the things that make us you and me by BigTuna
  • This Thing Called Life by warrior4
  • Unwrapped by Coley
  • Waiting in the Sun by WishYouWould
  • Wake Me Up by again18
  • Wherever I’m With You by Coley
  • Honorable Mention to Squirrel McPants by time4moxie (“I reread it 6 times in 2018 does that count?”)

Favorite Long Fics (10k+ words)

  • Always One Foot on the Ground by Coley
  • Anywhere But Here by NobleLandMermaid
  • Beyond the Horizon by agian18
  • Crazy Night in Philly by misery crush
  • Invincible Summer by shutterbug
  • Letters, Numbers, and the Spaces Between by BigTuna
  • One Week After by NobleLandMermaid
  • Practical Magic by Coley
  • Restart by again18
  • Safe and Sound by NobleLandMermaid
  • Slow by agian18
  • Sociology 101 by BigTuna
  • Terra Incognita by Comfect
  • The Explosion (and the aftermath) by SprinklesTheCat
  • the things that make us you and me by BigTuna
  • This Thing Called Life by warrior4
  • Unwrapped by Coley
  • Waiting in the Sun by WishYouWould
  • Wake Me Up by again18
  • Wherever I’m With You by Coley

Favorite shorter fics/oneshots (less than 10k words)

  • 3:27 PM Sydney by BigTuna
  • After It Airs by Steph
  • Bears, Beets,...Beach? By dwangela
  • Black & White, Chocolate & Crème by again18
  • Chaotic Christmas by Coley
  • Christmas Castle by warrior4
  • Fourteen Voicemails left on the night of June 10th by elephantskeleton
  • If the Fates Allow by nqllisi
  • No Pain, No Gain by Rach3l
  • Nonverbal by BigTuna
  • Peppermint by dwangela
  • Stay and Fight by BigTuna
  • Some Mornings by Duchess Cupcake
  • Theirs by Duchess Cupcake
  • Yours by dwangela

Favorite Fluffy Fanfic

  • Chaotic Christmas by Coley
  • Crazy Night in Philly by miserycrush
  • Golden by dwangela
  • Expiration Dates by shutterbug
  • If the Fates Allow by nqllisi
  • It’s a Date by WishYouWould
  • Life's No Fun Without a Good Scare by Duchess Cupcake
  • Robe by BigTuna
  • The Supermarket at 2AM by Pan_Cake_Cats
  • Wherever I’m With You by Coley

Favorite Angsty Fanfic

  • Beyond the Horizon by agian18
  • False Claims by Rach3l
  • Hello My Old Heart by Duchess Cupcake
  • Restart by agian18
  • Safe and Sound by NobleLandMermaid
  • Sin Aesthetics by Rach3l
  • Slow by agian18
  • Stay and Fight by BigTuna
  • Theirs by Duchess Cupcake
  • Unwrapped by Coley
  • Wake Me Up by agian18
  • Yours by dwangela

Favorite Steamy Fanfic

  • Always One Foot on the Ground by Coley
  • Black & White, Chocolate & Crème by agian18
  • Crazy Night in Philly by miserycrush
  • House Call by Coley
  • It's a Date by WishYouWould
  • Nonverbal by BigTuna
  • Slow by agian18 7
  • Stay and Fight by BigTuna
  • Unwrapped by Coley
  • What it Looks Like by BigTuna

Favorite Moment in a Fanfic

  • After It Airs: Seeing Steph come back with a great Toby fic
  • Always One Foot on the Ground (Coley): “I want you to third date me.”
  • Always One Foot on the Ground: Jim explaining to Pam why he likes her green shirt and yes, Karen is pretty, but he doesn’t remember anything she wore. 😊
  • Beyond the Horizon (agian18): Pam being held together with duct tape and thinking about Jim not getting garlic bread
  • “this isn’t bitch beer, Beesly” from Crazy Night in Philly (miserycrush)
  • Invincible Summer (shutterbug): That moment I knew I would reread it so that I could capture everything that I missed not knowing what I didn't know.
  • Nonverbal (BigTuna): at the end where Jim finally says hi.
  • Peppermint: When Dwangela taught me a new party game and described the most sensual "tasted like..." kiss I've read here
  • “Everything in Practical Magic (Coley) was adorable.”
  • in Restart (agian18) when Pam remembers she bought Jim the tie with crabs on it
  • Safe and Sound (NobleLandMermaid): This one is tough because there are so many great Moments, but probably when Pam and Jim are washing dishes together and when they arrive at Schrute Farms
  • Unwrapped (Coley): When Pam and Jim are playing twenty questions and we had a two-week cliffhanger after Jim asked, ""Can I kiss you?""
  • Unwrapped (Coley): When Pam slipped and fell and Jim exclaimed “You went down hard!” Legit LOL’d When Pam replied “That’s what she said.” (On and everything else about that fic)
  • From “Unwrapped,” the entire “Roy’s a fucking idiot” moment.
  • Wake Me Up (agian18): Pam shows up at Jim's door in Stamford,
  • Wake Me Up (agian18): Jim and Pam ordering a pizza while drunk on Valentine’s Day
  • Wherever I'm With You (Coley): “Football doesn't have bases, Dad” (two votes for this)

Favorite Authors

  • Again18
  • Coley
  • Comfect 
  • Duchess Cupcake 
  • Miserycrush
  • NobleLandMermaid 
  • Rach3l
  • Shutterbug
  • warrior4
  • WishYouWould

Most Improved Author

  • Again18 (“I look up to her writing and Slow with every chapter just got better and better.”)
  • BigTuna
  • Coley (comment: “I know she has written before but this is the first I’ve seen her work so it’s an improvement to me!”)
  • miserycrush
  • “Honestly me, misery crush, without this website I wouldn't be writing like I am or have the confidence to write with all the encouragement this website gives me.”
  • SprinklesTheCat
  • warrior4

Favorite reviewers

  • agian18
  • BecauseOfYou
  • Clover
  • Coley 2
  • Comfect
  • DoctorCinderella
  • DuchessCupcake
  • shutterbug
  • SprinklesTheCat
  • warrior4 (note from one nominator: “literally reviews every chapter, the date it is updated and is and amazing reviewer. Scared me at first not gonna lie, but talk me to take the pointers and make my story better which it has become.”)

Create your own Dundie category!

Story related

  • Best Baby Jam: Waiting in the Sun
  • Best “I really wanna hate what you did there but I’m too busy crying” Fic: Invincible Summer 
  • Best Phone Steam: Always One Foot on the Ground
  • Best Unfinished: Hello Old Heart
  • Bravest Storytelling: Shutterbug for "Invincible Summer"
  • Cutest JAM Crazy Night in Philly
  • Most Creative AU (Real AU; not wildly canon divergent): No Pain, No Gain by Rach3l, Safe and Sound NLM, A Quiet War Comfect, Crazy Night in Philly miserycrush
  • Sexiest JAM: Slow
  • Stories from Left Field: False Claims, Always One Foot on the Ground and In Plain Sight.

Member related

  • Always Down to Chat: Warrior4
  • Better Late Than Never award: NobleLandMermaid (thank you friends 😆)
  • Best Beta: Because of You
  • Best Supporting Role in a Drunk Chat: Mr. Agian18 - I know this probably can't happen, but it still makes me laugh and deserves some sort of recognition
  • Bolt of Lighting Award for Coley for being a new writer at MTT this year, but one who writes great stories and reviews
  • Everyone's mom on the sidelines, waiting to give out a juicebox and a bag of carrots: Clover; Truly one of the kindest people in the fandom
  • Most Supportive Cheerleader/Mom on the Sidelines - Clover
  • ISO-9000 Canon Compliance award: warrior4
  • Most Creative JAM: Rach3l for her great occasionally supernatural AUs 
  • Most Time Spent on a Guilt Trip to Get Others to Update - Duchess Cupcake, SprinklesTheCat, Merria
  • Now watch me WIP; now watch me Nae Nae award: agian18
  • Holy Water Award: again18
  • Honorary Einstein for Comfect for engaging stories that one quite often really has to pay close attention to in order to fully understand and insightful and helpful reviews. 
  • Owning the Holiday Fic subgenre: Coley
  • Steamy Oneshot Queen: BigTuna (come back to us girl!) 
  • The only reason I go on Twitter, a person who posts daily inspirations and lovelies about Pam and Jim – Pamelasjimothy (now pamelajimothy)
  • Website Queen: NobleLandMermaid
Thank you everyone who filled out a nomination form and congrats to all Dundie recipients!

--Admin Team on June 24, 2019 09:45 pm 0 Comments
Big Announcement! More Than That is now Yeah You Get It

For nearly 13 years MoreThanThat's focus has been Jim & Pam. But today we are announcing a big change. We will be shifting our focus to a different ship, someone we feel is Pam's true soulmate. No, not him. Not him either. Not her. Yes, it's Kelly's neighbor Alan! Pam + Alan, or "Pamalan" if you will. We will be rebranding as "Yeah, You Get It", a classic swoonworthy line from Alan.

You may be skeptical but here is evidence that this is Pam's true soulmate.

First off he's a cartoonist, so right away he and Pam have a ton in common. And he's serious about his art, he lives it, he even dreams in cartoons. Look at this pure talent flowing through him.

Alan's cartoon Freedom Fries

"Freedom Fries"? Topical! Truly this comic will be the next Doonsbury.

But just look at him.

Alan

That smoulder! Jim who?

And then the incredibly subtle chest glance.

Alan's subtle chest glance

Yum! Guys, definitely do this on blind dates in front of your date's friends, women love it!

Pam buttons

Pam's playing coy and buttoning up now but she will definitely be unbuttoning that shirt later tonight. When she goes to bed *wink* *wink*

What are your favorite Pamalan moments?

April Fools! If it wasn't obvious. But no we're JAM for life here, if you missed our silly Pamalan header you can click here .



--Admin Team on April 01, 2019 08:40 am 3 Comments
MTT By The Numbers 2018

In 2018 we continued to see a revitalized MTT improve and grow! We introduced fans new and old to a variety of fics with our Month of Fic Recs, held our 2nd ever writing contest, brought fun Office content and graphics to our social media and more!

We are also having our first ever MTT Dundie awards! Review all the 2018 fics here (google spreadsheet) and then go nominate your faves for different awards plus make up your own! MTT Dundie Nomination Form.

Now what you're all waiting for, archive stats and rankings!

2018 By The Numbers

  • Over 2.6 million hits! (69% percent increase over 2017, nice!)
  • 154 new members
    • 22 new authors
  • 99 New and Updated Stories
    • 10 updated and 89 all new
  • 1633 Reviews (nearly twice as many as 2017!)
  • 2900+ epub downloads (over twice as many as 2017)
  • Over 1 million words added! (1,097,688 to be exact)
    • 58% more words added than in 2017

Stories with Most Hits in 2018 (archive wide)
- new/updated in 2018 in bold italics, new in 2017 in italics

  1. Wake Me Up by agian18
  2. Love, loyalty, friendship by Rach3l
  3. Terra Incognita by Comfect
  4. Words Left Unsaid by Rach3l
  5. Slow by agian18
  6. Distance Learning by time4moxie
  7. Tomorrow's Gonna Be a Brighter Day by Rach3l
  8. Nearing the Edge by girl7
  9. Turnabout's Fair Play by ficklevillain
  10. Why Albany in February is Like Paris in April by Mr Bill
  11. Expressions in Emoticons by NobleLandMermaid
  12. Only by girl7
  13. Office Porn: Erotic Tales of the Dunder Mifflin Employees by Ellelque*
  14. Trivial Pursuits by Comfect
  15. I just wanted to be famous. By Stablergirl
  16. The Love Song of Squirrel McPants by time4moxie
*like last year, this is pretty much solely thanks to internet searches ;-)

2018 New and Updated stories with most hits

  1. Wake Me Up by agian18
  2. Terra Incognita by Comfect
  3. Slow by agian18
  4. Love Suffers Long by BringingTheJam
  5. Sociology 101 by BigTuna
  6. Restart by agian18
  7. Crazy Night in Philly by miserycrush
  8. Invincible Summer by shutterbug
  9. Waiting In The Sun WishYouWould
  10. the things that made us you and me by BigTuna
  11. Anywhere But Here by NobleLandMermaid
  12. This Thing Called Life by warrior4
  13. Through the Glass by Rach3l
  14. Paying Court by Comfect
  15. More Than a Day, More Than a Word by NobleLandMermaid

Most Downloaded ePubs in 2017

  • The Love Song of Squirrel McPants by time4moxie
  • Away From the Cameras by girl7
  • Tomorrow's Gonna Be a Brighter Day by Rach3l
  • Only by girl7
  • Wake Me Up by agian18
  • Hey Jealousy by Hey Jealousy
  • Climbing As We Fall by girl7
  • What Happens Tomorrow by girl7
  • Distance Learning by time4moxie
  • In My Life, I Love You More by andtheivy
  • Cardiac Care by Vampiric Blood
  • A Blink of an Eye Deedldee
  • Nearing the Edge by girl7
  • In The Night by I Know This Much Is True
  • I just wanted to be famous. By Stablergirl
  • Breakdown by time4moxie
  • Set Fire to the Rain by dedeen

Most Words Added

  1. agian18 [249015]
  2. Comfect [127321]
  3. warrior4 [121027]
  4. BigTuna [103331]
  5. Coley [78637]
  6. Rach3l [70981]
  7. WishYouWould [63532]
  8. NobleLandMermaid [51448]
  9. miserycrush [37841]
  10. Duchess Cupcake [26936]

Top Reviewers of 2018

  1. Duchess Cupcake [259]
  2. warrior4 [180]
  3. Coley [171]
  4. BigTuna [134]
  5. Comfect [124]
  6. BecauseOfYou [109]
  7. Clover [99]
  8. agian18 [80]
  9. Merria [42]
  10. alittlestitious2 [36]

Top Jellybean Givers of 2018

  1. Clover [369]
  2. Duchess Cupcake [347]
  3. Comfect [341]
  4. TheCelticOne [297]
  5. warrior4 [160]
  6. BecauseOfYou [123]
  7. BigTuna [117]
  8. MCapps [105]
  9. Coley [90]
  10. Dwangela [84]
  11. agian18 [80]
  12. NobleLandMermaid [76]
* 3198 jellybeans given total in 2018 Thanks everyone for making 2018 a great year, here's to making 2019 even better!


--Admin Team on January 08, 2019 03:07 pm 0 Comments
Halloween Writing Contest Winners!

Thanks everyone for your participation in the 2018 Halloween Writing Contest! We had eight great entries and lots of great response from readers and now after much delay here are the winners!

First off, we wanted to present our own little Halloween Dundies Awards

  • For a fun story about life in Austin, the “Happy Wife, Happy Life” Award goes to Duchess Cupcake
  • For a story about Jim rediscovering the spirit of Halloween, the “Little Help From My Friends” Award goes to warrior4
  • For a story about Pam's determination to get Jim in a couples costume, Coley gets the “Nobody Puts Pammy in a Corner” Award
  • Pan_cake_Cats gets the “Most Jim Costume” Award for putting Jim in a costume as clever as it is low-effort, Jim the Sim
  • For a story about Jim and Pam finding love in a elevator thank to Dwight of all people, funkyfresh gets the “Unexpected Wingman” Award
  • For her foray into the supernatural, the “Werewolves of Scranton” Award goes to Rach3l
  • WishYouWould gets the “Mostest Mose” for featuring everyone's favorite awkward cousin
  • And last but certainly not least, for her chilling tale of Jim coming home only to find everything's changed, nqllisi gets the “Legit Spooky” Award.

Halloween Dundies

Now to the winners!

This truly was a tough choice with so many great entries that we couldn't settle on just two, so we made the decision to have a runner-up in both the Readers and Mods choice. These two runner-ups will have a choice of a unique Office pin OR a JAM fanart print.

The Readers' Choice runner-up is - Duchess Cupcake for "Life's No Fun Without a Good Scare"
And the Mods' Choice runner-up is - warror4 for "Costumes"

And now the grand winners!

The Halloween Writing Contest Readers' Choice is Coley - "Practical Magic"

Practical Magic by Coley

The Halloween Writing Contest Mods' Choice is Rach3l - No Pain, No Gain

No Pain No Gain by Rach3l

Thank you once again for everyone's entries, we hope you enjoyed the contest! We will be in touch with the winners via email for prize selection and with all writers for their participation prize choices.



--Admin Team on November 30, 2018 09:33 pm 1 Comments
Halloween Writing Contest: Voting Time!🎃🦇👻🗳

halloween contest banner

Thanks all the writers who submitted to our 2018 Halloween Writing Contest, now it's time to decide a winner!

We have eight entries which you can find here: Halloween Writing Contest 2018. They are listed in alphabetical order by title and you can easily move from one entry to the next by clicking on the links found at the bottom of every story. Please read all the entries before making your decision! Once you have decided on your favorite, please vote here.

Voting is open until Wednesday November 14th, 11:59pm Pacific Time

What to know before voting:

  • Make sure you are registered on the archive, votes from non-members will not be counted
  • Every member gets ONE vote, no double registering or using multiple accounts to cast multiple votes!
  • If you are one the writers, you may vote but no voting for yourself. Your vote will be tossed if you do so.
  • This is a secret ballot, the contest authors and other users won't see who voted for whom. We ask that you refrain from stating which entry you voted for publicly, such as in reviews or in the shoutbox, while voting is open.
  • The Readers and Mods choices will be announced shortly after voting closes on Nov. 12th.

Some additional things:

* On the voting form, we ask you to match your favorite entries with it's key plot point. The 8 stories are all pretty unique so if you read the story, you should know which is which. Vote that don't match the story with the correct plot point won't count.

* The voting form has two optional fields for feedback, one regarding this contest and one asking about a potential Christmas event, and we would really like to hear your thoughts!

* The Mods' Choice will be determined by MTTs three mods, and the Readers Choice and Mods choice will be different entries.

* We will be in contact with the authors via email about the participation gift and the prizes for the 2 winners.

* Full contest rules and FAQs can be found here

* Any questions, concerns, comments can be directed to MTT.fanfic@gmail.com

Thank you and Happy Voting!

--Admin Team on November 04, 2018 01:25 pm 0 Comments
Halloween Fanfic Contest 🎃🦇👻

~Voting for Reader's Choice is open now through November 12th! Click here for more details~

halloween contest banner

This month, MoreThanThat is holding a Halloween writing competition. We are asking writers to submit their Halloween themed stories to MTT during the month of October. Then at the start of November, we will have a vote for the Reader's Choice and Moderator's Choice. In addition to internet praise and jellybeans, these two winners will also receive prizes for realsies!

What kind of stories can I enter?

  • Your story should be at least 500 words long
  • Your story should be new and never published
  • Multi-chapter is ok but it needs to be completed and submitted by 11:59pm PDT on October 31
  • Any genre and rating is allowed and can feature any Office character, it only needs to be Halloween themed. (though fair warning, we mods do love our JAM)
  • And all stories should adhere to the regular MTT submission guidelines .

How Do I Enter My Story?

  • If you don't already have an account on the MTT fanfic archive, sign up for one .
  • Log in, go to My Account > Add New Story and submit your story. We ask that you state your entry is for the 2018 Halloween competition in the story summary to make sure it's categorized appropriately
  • If you are a new writer, your story will be held for a quick review to make sure formatting is okay, as long as there are no major issues you should see your story published shortly.
  • Once approved and published, a mod will add the entry to the Halloween 2018 Challenge.
What do the winners and participants get?*

The two winners will receive:

  • One Office-themed enamel pin
  • A photographic print of the winner's choice from our mod Ladama's RedBubble shop
  • plus a special banner on their stories!

In addition, all participants will get a Jim/Pam card or sticker of their choice featuring Ladama's work and a participant banner on their entries.

*MoreThanThat reserves the right to modify prizes depending on response and interest

Are there guidelines for reviewing the contest entries?

Contest entries will be published and viewable to everyone as authors submit them, therefore readers *can* add reviews and leave jellybeans and we want readers to feel free to do so. However readers should not leave overly biased or campaign-like reviews on contest entries.

Kinds of Language that's fine on the contest entries:

  • I really enjoyed this story!
  • You're a great author!
  • I liked how you did [x.y.z]
  • If I could suggest anything it would be [kind, constructive criticism]

Bias/Campaigning Language that will be modified or deleted:

  • This is hands down the BEST contest entry
  • You have my vote for best entry, no question!
  • Everyone better vote for you! If you don't win, something's wrong!
  • This entry sucks but people are going to vote for it anyway (<---stuff like this we would consider harassing and would take disciplinary action against the member) 
Admins will be closely monitoring reviews left on entries during the contest/voting period and will edit or possibly delete reviews that come across as blatantly bias or as campaigning for or against a particular entry. 

Contest FAQs

How will the winners be selected?
– We will have two winners, a reader’s choice and a moderator’s choice. Reader’s choice will be decided by a vote from registered readers (full voting details and voting forms will be posted on November 1), while the mods will deliberate among themselves on their choice.

Can I win both the Reader’s Choice and the Moderator’s Choice?
– Two different stories by two different writers will be selected.

Can I submit more than one story?
– You certainly can, but know that we are asking people to select their favorite story, not favorite writer, so you may end up splitting your own vote. Also an author can only win one prize, they cannot win both the Reader’s and Mod’s choices.

How "Halloweeny" does the story need to be?
– As little or as much as you want, Halloween or Halloween elements just needs to be worked in in some way. It can be an AU with some supernatural themes, it can be a full on suspense, or it can be just a regular day that happens to be Halloween (i.e. the Season 2 Halloween episode).

I have an old story that could fit this contest, can I submit that story?
– Stories should be new and never published to MTT or other fanfic sites.

My story is not quite 500 words long
– The 500 word minimum is more a guideline than a firm rule, what we most want from entries is for them to be well-written, so if they don’t quite clear the 500 word threshold, that’s okay, submit it anyway!

Is there a maximum word count limit on entries?
– We don't have a max word count, we want you to do your thing! That said, entries do need to be complete and submitted by the end of the month and when voting comes around we want our readers to be able to easily read all the entries to make an informed decision, so we suggest thinking more one-shot than novel.

Do I have to share my address with you to receive prizes?
– Yes, winners will need to provide an address for prizes to be sent to, and participants interested in receiving their small gift will also provide an address. We will not save addresses or use it for anything besides sending prizes.

Will you be able to send prizes to my country?
– This contest is open to any writer anywhere in the world and we are prepared to send prizes to a variety of countries. But if we are unable or if shipping is cost-prohibitive we will work with winners to find an equivalent arrangement.

Other Questions?
- If you still have questions, please contact us via the contact form, or email us at MTT.fanfic@gmail.com



--Admin Team on September 30, 2018 09:12 pm 2 Comments
FunRaiser, Month of Fic Recs and More!

FunRaiser, emphasis on the FUN

This past July marked 12 years of MTT online, a feat that wouldn't be possible without the generosity of our members! Our annual FunRaiser is going on now to get the costs of the archive covered until next July, so if you have enjoyed MTT please consider contributing (we'll even send you a gift if you donate $10+)!

Full Details at our Blog

2018-19 FunRaiser Graphic

You get a Fic Rec, and you, and you!

As a lead up to our 12th birthday, we mods got together to bring you 31 days of fanfic recommendations. Covering a different topic every day, we made lists that hopefully went beyond the more popular stories and authors. We hope with these lists you get to discover some new favorites! Check it out at our blog:

MTT Presents: Month of Fic Recs

Month Digest Email

Whether you don't come around to the archive too often, or like getting handy lists delivered to your inbox, we invite you to sign up to our Monthly Fic Digest. On the first of every month, you will get an email with all the new and updated fics the previous month. You can sign up for this monthly digest (as well as other emails from MTT) on the Newsletter Sign-Up page

Challenges Challenge

Wanna write a story but stuck on ideas? That's what Challenges are good for! And if you answer one of the prompts we have specifically selected for the quarterly Challenges Challenge you will get a special banner on your story! Here are the new challenges for the 3rd quarter of 2018:

What we're working on

At MTT we're always working to bring you a better site and new fun content. At the moment we are working on: a Jim and Pam info page (feel free to look at what we have so far here), a writing contest for the fall, new site themes, better Favorite options and more! We always value your feedback and hearing what you'd like to see at MTT so please feel free to contact us !



--Admin Team on August 09, 2018 02:55 pm 0 Comments
Spring Updates and Upcoming!

Hey MTTers! Today marks the anniversary of the airing of Casino Night, which is really the reason MTT even exists so feels like a good thing to acknowledge.

 

 (still the prettiest, saddest scene!)

We're just over a 3rd of the way into 2018 and so far it's been pretty great! The Most Recent section has had a nice steady flow of new stories, Our new Author Of The Month selection criteria is ensuring all sorts of authors are getting the acknowledgement they deserve and we have a great community feel going thanks to the shoutbox, social media accounts and our Tuesday Splitting Up Together chats (which we learned today will continue into the next TV season!)

New Challenges!

To keep the new stories flowing, we have a "Challenges Challenge" where every few months we feature some story prompts that will hopefully inspire. And we give a little banner to anyone who answers the challenge! This round we are featuring:

  • Hospital JAM: Put Jim or Pam in the hospital and get the hurt/comfort going!
  • Sister, Sister: Write a story where Penny Beesly or Larisa Halpert plays a central role.
  • Danny & Pam: It's a DAM thing! Write about Pam's ill-fated relationship with the handsome salesman.

Plus writers are encouraged to look at the past challenges as well and see if they inspire!

Speaking of Larisa Halpert...

Though we never did actually meet Larisa, she was and still a commonly recurring character in stories and she was technically confirmed in canon as Jim's sister so we decided it's high time for her to get her own character tag! You can add Larisa to your list of characters by editing your story and selecting her in the character field.

Pam and Jim's wedding site - Now on MTT!

At MTT part of our goal is to help preserve the fandom for new and old fans to enjoy. One little bit of fandom was Pam & Jim's wedding site, which was a fun little NBC promotion and sadly could only be found with the Wayback Machine - until now! We dug through the internet archive and brought as much of the content as we could to our blog, so if you're dying to know what fun stuff there is to do Niagara, Pam's wedding cost-saving tips or what Meredith said in their guestbook, check it out here: Pam & Jim's Wedding Site

Supporting MTT

While we are a couple months out from our hosting bill being due, we do welcome contributions any time to help us get a head start on next year's costs. You can find out more about how to contribute on our Donate page.

What we're working on

Here are just a few things in the works at MTT: a Jim/Pam info page (hopefully reducing your dunderpedia visits!), a month of fic recommendation, and another writing challenge for prizes! So make sure to stop by often (or sign up for our newsletter for email updates!)



--MTT Admin Team on May 11, 2018 09:18 pm 0 Comments
Author of the Month changes, March JAM Madness and more!

For the last year and a half or so we've been selecting an author of the month every month to showcase their stories. We have mostly focused on selecting authors who were less well-known and perhaps overlooked back in the day. However now that we are more active, we will be changing up who and how we select AOTMs. We are still going to follow the basic guideline of selecting authors with at least 5 stories, but we will now follow this basic pattern:

Month 1: a recently active author
Month 2: an all-time popular author
Month 3: a lesser known or over-looked author

and repeat! We also want readers input on who they think should be the next AOTm, which you can so via the contact form.

March JAM Madness

Just for fun we are running March JAM Madness at our instagram. We're pitting some of the top JAMtastic episodes against each other and seeing who earns the title of top JAMisode! Voting takes place via our story on instagram .

March JAM Madness

Newsletter Sign-up

Whether you are a member or not, you can sign up for our email newsletters ! You can also sign up for monthy fanfic digests to your inbox and for live chat reminders.

Challenges Challenge

There's still time take part in this quarter's challenges! We encourage you to write a Vegas story, a behind-the-scenes of Michael's movie Threat Level Midnight and many others! We also area always interesting in new ideas for challenges. Please click here for more info

And that about does it! Remember check out all these features and contact us with any problems or suggestions! 



--Admin Team on March 08, 2018 12:12 am 0 Comments
MTT By The Numbers in 2017

After spending the 2nd half of 2016 doing a lot of clean-up and rebuilding, the archive got to reap the rewards in 2017 with lots of new stories and a revitalized community! We saw our first writing contest, a new fun rating system in the form of jellybeans, new themes, a shoutbox and trivia chats, and social media accounts with several thousand followers! Here are some archive stats from 2017:

  • Over 1.5 millions hits! (30% more than 2016)
  • 120 new members (twice as many as 2016, and the most new members since 2010!)
    • 17 new authors
  • 845 reviews (4x as many as 2016, most reviews since 2011!)
  • 83 New & Updated stories (3.5x more than 2016, and most since 2011!)
    • 77 new stories and 6 updated stories
  • over 1,200 ePub downloads
  • over 690,000 words added!

And here are a few lists because we know you love them!

Stories with Most Hits in 2017 (archive wide)

  1. Expressions in Emoticons by NobleLandMermaid
  2. Turnabout's Fair Playby ficklevillain
  3. Words Left Unsaid by Rach3l
  4. Distance Learning by time4moxie
  5. Cold Openings by kgreene
  6. Office Porn: Erotic Tales of the Dunder Mifflin Employees by Ellelque*
  7. Nearing the Edgeby girl7
  8. Love, loyalty, friendship by Rach3l
  9. Tomorrow's Gonna Be a Brighter Day by Rach3l
  10. Anywhere But Here by NobleLandMermaid
  11. The Love Song of Squirrel McPants by time
  12. Only by girl7
  13. Why Albany in February is Like Paris in April by Mr Bill
  14. Inside the Teapotby sorano916
  15. Love Suffers Long by BringingTheJam
  16. I just wanted to be famous. by Stablergirl

* this is pretty much solely because of internet searches ;-)

2017 New and Updated stories with most hits

  1. Words Left Unsaid by Rach3l
  2. Love, loyalty, friendship Rach3l
  3. Tomorrow's Gonna Be a Brighter Day Rach3l
  4. Anywhere But Hereby NobleLandMermaid
  5. Love Suffers Long by BringingTheJam
  6. The Job (continued) and The Date by OfficeGirl2001
  7. The Modern Office Worker and the Delicate Art of Seduction by Candi
  8. Error Code by Comfect
  9. Trivial Pursuits by Comfect
  10. More Than a Day, More Than a Word by NobleLandMermaid

Most Downloaded ePubs in 2017

  • Indie Rock and Keds by Nightswept
  • Nearing the Edge by girl7
  • Distance Learning by time4moxie
  • Only by girl7
  • Indigo and Crimson by Deedldee
  • The Love Song of Squirrel McPants by time4moxie
  • Shift by thirtypercent
  • Two by yanana
  • Vocabulary by Talkative
  • The Accident by spaceorphan

Most words added in 2017

  1. Rach3l [281,817]
  2. Comfect [90,467]
  3. agian18 [60,826]
  4. caitlinrose923 [47,421]
  5. NobleLandMermaid [25,095]
  6. shutterbug [22,680]
  7. OfficeGirl2001 [19,244]
  8. msteapot [14,865]
  9. dwangela [12,742]
  10. BringingTheJam [12,672]

Top Reviewers of 2017

  1. BecauseOfYou
  2. alittlestitious2
  3. NobleLandMermaid
  4. Comfect
  5. Clover
  6. Moogie Man
  7. Too Late Kev
  8. nqllisi
  9. manidfk
  10. Rach3l

Top Jellybean givers of 2017

  1. Clover
  2. Comfect
  3. BecauseOfYou
  4. Rach3l
  5. NobleLandMermaid
  6. BringingTheJam
  7. Too Late Kev
  8. paperairplaine
  9. agian18
  10. watchthesky84

Thank you everyone who made 2017 a great year for MTT, let's aim to make 2018 even better!



--Admin Team on January 02, 2018 11:06 pm 0 Comments
Will you take on the (Challenges) Challenge?

Happy Autumn everyone! This October, we are introducing a new feature: the Challenges Challenge!

How it works: Every 3 months we will introduce a handful of challenges, which are story prompts or themes. We'll have a combo of admin choices, an old challenge that went unanswered and maybe a Reader's challenge as well! Write a story for one of the challenges and your story will earn a little banner. But really this is just meant to be a way to keep writer's inspired and keep new stories coming! You can find more info and how to enter on this page: Challenges Challenge

Here are the challenges for Q4 2017:

  • Bad Date (JAM style): Jim and Pam have a terrible first date (but he still buys a ring a week later)
  • "Nice Morning, too" : What did Jim & Pam get up to that inspired the talking head at the start of S9E21 "Living The Dream" *wink wink*
  • Life In Austin: Write a story about Pam and Jim's life in the Texas capital
  • High School Reunion : write about any character's high school reunion

None of these getting your creative juices flowing? Send in your suggestions for challenges and we'll consider them for the next round!



--Admin Team on October 12, 2017 09:32 pm 0 Comments
Favorites: now at least 30% more useful! (and other news)

If you've been on MTT for a while, you have probably accumulated a decent Favorites list. And you have probably been annoyed at the lack of versatility the favorites list offered especially when browsing.

Though we have a ways to go before we'll be truly happy with favorites, we have taken the first big step: you can now browse and filter your favorite stories. Like when you browse elsewhere on the site, you can select certain characters, genres, categories, etc and you can order by title, length, most recent, and more!

You will find links to this browseable list in your account and under the Browse menu. If you want to see your comments on a story or edit/remove from favorites, you still have to go through the old "Manage Favorite" option but we hope to get these streamlined into the browseable manage favorites list soon!

ETA: We have also improved the page after you save favorites so you can easily return to where you were browsing.

Additionally, we have added several new Top Lists to help you discover more fics on the site!

In other news: a sincere thank you to everyone who has contributed during our Hosting FunRaiser! We are only $10 from our goal to be completely covered for the year. There's still time to contribute and get us to our goal and get a headstart on next year!

Next, we know navigating the site is a little intimidating for newbie (and perhaps for older members also) so we are working on some quick guides (complete with photos) on things like tips for getting the most of our this site, explaining features, how to add images, etc. We want to hear from members what they think could use a visual quick guide. We also want to hear in general what you'd like to see on the site and what could use improvement, so please comment here or in an email send us your thoughts.

If you haven't checked out the shoutbox yet, we put it up for members to say hey and interact so please don't be shy: ask questions, share interesting Office tidbits, say hi to your fellow MTTers, whatever you'd like! (also we may try to organize a live chat soon, so please keep an eye on the shoutbox)

Not totally News, but just wanted to say: people have been utilizing the new jellybean feature which is great, we worked hard on it and want to see it used. That said, we want to emphasis that reviews are truly the fuel of fanfiction, they are the easiest and best way to show an author their work is being read and appreciated, they are absolutely free, and they are great little motivators for authors. Even if you don't feel like you have anything particularly interesting to say, we can tell you for a fact authors love getting (positive) reviews.

Thank you for reading and for being great members!



--MTT Admin Team on August 26, 2017 02:07 am 0 Comments
It is our birthday.

 funraising! If you can believe it, July 9th marks MTT's 11th birthday! An all new MTT admin team took over last year with the goal of bringing the site up to date, adding some new features and get activity going again. And with new themes, the Download ePub feature, our Valentine's day contest, new social media accounts, and the just-launched jellybean system, we think 2016-17 was a success!

Of course, today being our birthday also means that MTT's annual hosting bill is due this month. So if you would like to give us something, you can give the awesome gift of a contribution to the site! A contribution of $10+ will earn you a small JAM gift, but every dollar is sincerely appreciated! You can read the full details of our annual funraiser here. FUNRAISER EXTENDED THROUGH AUGUST!

If you can't give monetarily but still want to make a contribution, you can do so by submitting new stories, leaving reviews and jellybeans, following and liking our social media, interacting with fellow fans, making recommendation to friends, etc. Anything to keep MTT the great place for PB&J and Office fans that it is is your gift to us every day!

Now onto our next year!



--MTT Admin Team on July 09, 2017 08:35 pm 1 Comments
Introducing Jellybeans!

For 11 years the archive has used star ratings. It's simple in theory, give a story a rating of 1 to 5 stars, but in practice it really hasn't been that useful. One author may feel 3 stars is a solid rating, another may feel it's an insult. One reader may reserve 5 stars for only their absolute favorites, another may give 5 stars to everything they review. One story may only have one 5-star rating, another may have 20, and they are listed the same.

So today we bid farewell to the star rating system and say hello to something we think will be more straight forward and useful: jellybeansjellybean icon! Much like a "like" or a "kudos", readers can leave a jellybean as a small token on stories they enjoyed.

After deciding to switch to jellybeans, the next conundrum of course was deciding how beans will be distributed. If a user is allowed to only leave one per story, the newer stories have no chance of catching up with older ones. If one per chapter is allowed then that puts one-shots and short stories at a disadvantage. Taking all this into consideration, we have decided that users can leave up to 5 jellybeans on a story. So if you like a story, give it a jellybean, if you really like it, give it a couple more, if you absolutely love it, take the time to give it 5!

Though we always want to encourage reviews, you can leave jellybeans without reviewing. You can click on the jellybean count of a story to see who has left jellybeans. Hopefully this goes without saying but there should be no fighting, begging or complaining about the jellybeans. It's meant to be a simple way for readers to give and writer to receive feedback.

We now return you to your reading, don't forget to start leaving those jellybeanjellybean icon!



--Admin Team on July 07, 2017 01:55 am 0 Comments
MTT Forum Relaunch!

In our recent survey, many members expressed a desire for way to interact with each other beyond reviews and such. Though we had set up a community of sorts on the blog the consensus seemed to be it was cumbersome and difficult to navigate. We agree as so we're heading a back to basics and relauching the MTT forums. They have a more traditional forum look but should be easier to get around and highly mobile friendly!

Right now, registration is by invite only and we prefer if you already registered here on the archives. If you'd like to join please let us know through the contact form or in an email to MTT.fanfic@gmail.com.

If you are one of the couple dozen people who registered on the previous community you are already registered and your email/username and password for login should be the same!

If I'm registered on the archive, why do I have to register on the forum too?
They are two different software systems and sadly we don't have the technical know-how to link them. But you should be able to pick your name username and even same password if you'd like.

Come join us today!

mtt forum icon



--Admin Team on June 04, 2017 04:06 pm 0 Comments
Beta Reader Program Relaunched!

We have officially rebooted our Beta Reader system at MTT!

You can read all about it on this page, but here is the general gist:

To become a beta:

To find a beta:

  • You can see who is listed as Beta Reader on the archive, click on profile, read their beta-reader form and see if anyone is a good fit for your story.
  • If they seem like a good fit, contact them via the “contact author” link on the MTT archive (or however they listed that they prefer to be contacted)
  • You can also state in the notes of your stories that you are looking for a beta, this will often attract reader who are willing to look things over.

Some Ground Rules for Betas and Authors

  • If you contact a beta reader for your story and they say (politely) that they cannot be your beta, accept it and move on, likewise for betas who reach out to authors that say no thanks.
  • Make it very clear what you expect from the beta process! The more details you share with each other before you start, the better the beta process will go.

That’s enough for now, as mentioned before, you can read the full beta page. Comments can be directed to the Find a Beta thread , through the contact form or in an email to MTT.Fanfic@gmail.com



--Admin Team on May 16, 2017 12:59 am 0 Comments
Valentine's Day Writing Contest Winners!

Thank you once again to everyone who participated in our Valentine's Day Fanfic Writing Contest!

We had a great response both from writers and readers and now it's time to announce the winners!

Readers' Choice: Out of the Fog by Kat11
Moderators' Choice: Blue Valentine by shutterbug

stories/3186/images/VDayWinner-ReadersSm.jpg stories/3186/images/VDayWinner-modsSm.jpg

Every participant should have received an email detailing how to get their prizes (both for participating and for winning). If you did not, please email us at MTT.Fanfic@gmail.com

Also thank you to the voters who left feedback! We have some ideas on how to improved future contest and what kind of events you would like to see!



--Admin Team on March 23, 2017 04:30 pm 3 Comments
Valentine's Day Contest: Voting Time!

stories/3186/images/vdaybanner1200.jpg

~Thank you for your votes! Look for the formal announcement of the winners very shortly!~

Thanks all the writers who submitted to our first Valentine's Day Writing Contest, now it's time to decide a winner!

We have six entries which you can find here: Valentine's Day 2017. They're mostly pretty short so we request you read all the entries before making your decision. Once you have decided on your favorite, please vote here. Voting is open until Sunday March 19th, 11:59pm PDT

What to know before voting:

  • Make sure you are registered on the archive, votes from non-members will not be counted
  • Every member gets ONE vote, no double registering to cast multiple votes!
  • If you are one the writers, you may vote but no voting for yourself
  • The Readers and Mods choices will be announced the week of March 20th

Some additional things

* On the voting form, we ask you to match your favorite entries with it's simple story summary. The 6 stories are all pretty unique so if you read the story, you should know which is which. Vote that don't match the story with the correct summary won't count.

* The voting form has an optional contest feedback form, and we would really like to hear your thoughts on this contest and potential future contests!

* The Mods' Choice will be determined by MTTs three mods, and the Readers Choice and Mods choice will be different entries.

* We will be in contact with the authors via email about the participation gift and the prizes for the 2 winners.

* Any questions, concerns, comments can be directed to MTT.fanfic@gmail.com

Thank you and Happy Reading!



--Admin Team on March 09, 2017 03:43 pm 0 Comments